Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Presentation Slide Transition Hangs on Slide with Embedded Video

I'm using a presentation template to make a photo/video slideshow. I'm extremely happy with the results; except, after a slide with an embedded video plays, the keyboard left right arrow keys (also page up/down keys) no longer work to transition to the next slide. The only way to make it transition to the next slide is to use the navigation pop-up in the lower left of the screen. The slide transition works fine as long as I don't play the video.

My video slide is a rectangle placeholder with the following embed code from Vimeo inserted:
    <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/228899736" width="1920" height="1080" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video plays as expected. At the end of the video the slideshow hangs. Is there some code I can put in the placeholder to return slide control to the Xara normal navigation keys? Is there another solution?

A demo of the problem can be seen here: http://conaway.me/test.htm

The Xara web files are attached.

Any suggestions will be appreciated,
    Steve44
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Presentation Slide Transition Hangs on Slide with Embedded Video

Steve, after the video plays, the focus is still in the Placeholder.
    If you click outside the video, the slideshow resumes.

I would include Next and Prev buttons to help.

There is some JavaScript about regaining parent focus but I wouldn't go there.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, thank you for taking the time to respond with suggestions. You saved me from wasting anymore time trying to find a placeholder solution. I will add Next and Prev buttons as you suggested.
    Steve

Hi Steve,just to inform you that my McAfee gives the following warning on trying to connect to your second url. Don't ask me why, just highlighting it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whoa.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	118586  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Steve,

What I found on your site is if you play the video and then stop it, the video window remains the active screen. You need to click on the page back ground to get the slide controls to work. I do not know how to correct for this but it almost like the slide controls are on a different layer that is not active because the video is acting like a popup layer. maybe this will help someone else give you a tip to help correct.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Steve,

What I found on your site is if you play the video and then stop it, the video window remains the active screen. You need to click on the page back ground to get the slide controls to work. I do not know how to correct for this but it almost like the slide controls are on a different layer that is not active because the video is acting like a popup layer. maybe this will help someone else give you a tip to help correct.

Ray
    Ray, Posts #2 & #3,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

I had totally misread your #2 post so I thought you said something else. After rereading it now I don't see how I originally misread it.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Acorn,

I had totally misread your #2 post so I thought you said something else. After rereading it now I don't see how I originally misread it.

Ray
    Not to worry, your Post was on the button,
    Acorn