Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Update fiasco

Default Update fiasco

So I had to install my expired license of Designer Pro 365 on a new computer.
    Downloaded the older version 12.4.1
    All is well installing it... But then the next time I open it there is an update available.
    It's recommended I download it it states and available under my update service.
    After installing the update it tells me I can't open it because my service expired?!
    WTF?

Default Re: Update fiasco

I had a separate correspondence with Kate Moir, who replied "I think if you download that 12.4 now it will update to 12.6 anyway..."

I would raise a ticket with Xara as being offered an update that is not enabled is barking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I tried the 12.8.1 update (latest) but not allowed to use that one either.
    Think I got the update from April somewhere... See if I can install that one.

Thanks for your reply Acorn

I had to reinstall too (have cancelled my renewal and 12.8 stopped working, don't remember the message though). 12.6.2 works well for me at the moment. The only thing is it now checks for updates on every start, which takes about 10 seconds before it tells me the program is up to date.

Will look for that one Siran... Would be nice if we could just download that one from somewhere