Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Laptop for College

he'll understand. A missing apostrophe can be a catastrophe. :-)

Google makes good devices and I tend to agree.

My smaller brother has a lenovo-parent from amazon, it costs only 220 dollar! Given that he is currently in college as well, i would def check out the lenovo-parent collection as well. He loves it, he wasn't ready to spend a fortune because it's not a game computer (which according to him is holy grail)..haha. wouldn't get a Chromebook, they look nice and are super portable but their functionality is one that is rather questionable.

Why are some people recommending a Chromebook? I mean, i do not own one but judging from the reviews i have read...Chromebooks are not worth the hype. Or am i wrong?

Thanks EVERYONE!
    I decided, finally, to purchase a windows lap top. He wasn't particular and I had an older copy of MS Office I installed on it, so he's good to go.
    He has a printer at home, but will need one for the dorm, I guess. I'll let some other family member foot the bill on that.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments and suggestions.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I'm not much good with computer info. But if you need a printer that saves you money...A) Don't get an Epson. It uses ink WAY too fast. -and- B) Do get an HP printer as it uses almost no ink at all.

Now, I must admit that I'm a little biased here because there are certainly better image producing printers than HP; however, HP saves you when it comes to using ink. Epson gobbles it up quickly.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Thanks EVERYONE!
    I decided, finally, to purchase a windows lap top. He wasn't particular and I had an older copy of MS Office I installed on it, so he's good to go.
    He has a printer at home, but will need one for the dorm, I guess. I'll let some other family member foot the bill on that.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments and suggestions.
    That sounds fair enough. I wish him all the best in his journey.

Mark:
    Thanks for your input. If they came to me for advice, I would recommend HP because that's what I have and I'm content with its performance.

Lynette:
    You're very kind and sweet. Thanks for the encouragement. He'll appreciate it.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Optical View Post
    I majored in Engineering going to grad school (applying right now). My best advice is to get a light laptop so he can bring it to school. Don't worry about specs as you can read in this post pink laptop for sale , any of them will be fine for all of his classes. Most assignments are done on paper and most programs run on any laptop, there's a few programs that do need a powerful computer but we have computer labs for that. He can get any laptop he wants as long as he is ok using computer labs a few times. I was going to suggest a Chromebook actually...but its up to you core i5 , core i3 doesn't matter, 8GB RAM is nice to have though.
    good one reply i really like this one thanks men
    Last edited by gwpriester; 20 November 2020 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Link removed by moderator

dI have an HP ENVY X360 and I like it. Lighted keyboard is useful in low light situations, The only drawback is it has no disk drive so I bought an external one now it is complete.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Which laptop is best for college students?