Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Personal Control Bar location

In my Xara Designer Pro, I have created 2 personal control bars with the button-actions I most use.
    Now I have to rebuild my computer. Can anyone tell me where my personal control bars are stored on my harddisk?
    I hope it is possible to move them to the new rebuild of my desktop so I don't have to recreate them from zero.
    Thanks
    Frank

Default Re: Personal Control Bar location

I'm sorry having to tell you that your customized toolbars cannot be saved for use on another computer. I suggest you make a screenshot of the current setup so that rebuilding it will be much easier.

Bad news, I'm afraid. They cannot be saved. This is a long-time gripe from all of us here.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

They are stored in the registry and it is quite complicated to save and restore them. I have to do it from time to time...

Thank you Siran for your info.

So I decided to do a little search in the registry and found the key containing the control bars.
    For Xara Designer Pro 365 V12 it is located at: HKCU:Software\Xara\XtremeProX64\12\BarsNormal
    For other versions the key will be a little different.
    All control bars are numbered and your personal control bars have always the highest numbers.
    In Xara Designer Pro 365 V12 for example there are 16 standard control bars so your personal control bars start a number 17.
    The only thing you have to do is exporting the content of the regsitry-key BarsNormal.
    You can import it afterwards after reinstalling Xara.
    You now just

Just to clarify, the full address is:

RUN>REGEDIT>SOFTWARE>XARA>XtremePro64>BarsNormal (Folder 17 onwards). Or whichever your Xara product is.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.