Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help to creat an object library

I have been using Web Designer for a while and over time have created a number of custom objects that I will use when building a new customer website. After I have created a new object that could be used more than once, I copy and paste it in a dummy website which is just a collection of useful objects. I keep that dummy website file in open in WD so that I can copy/paste objects from it as I build a new website.

What I would like to do is to create a user library of the objects that I create. So I can drag and drop from the library into the webpage design I am working on. A library that would reside on my local disk and carry into new versions of Web Designer.

Is this possible? So far I have not worked out how.

If not, what does everyone else do to simplify and improve productivity with their website builds?

I am currently using Web Designer Premium 365

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ian

Default Re: Help to creat an object library

Save out your objects to .web files and place them all in a folder (or several folders). In the Local Designs Gallery, click the Disc Designs button, brows to the folder and open it. Now click the Add button. Repeat when you want to add more folders. When later you add new files to the folder(s), follow the same procedure but now click Update (instead of Add) in order for these files to show in your Local Designs Gallery.

Default Re: Help to creat an object library

Thank you Boy. I will follow your instructions.
    Much appreciated.
    Cheers