Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Start MP4 on object reveal

Hi

I am updating our website and am experimenting with some of the new animation features of Xara Designer Pro X.

I have an embedded mp4 and wondered if it was possible for this to start when the object is revealed to the page and not as the page loads?

There are many examples of what I would like to achieve on the Apple website

https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Start MP4 on object reveal

Probably Kickarsey, it would require some java-script to trigger the mp4. I take it your referring to the retina display video a short way down the scrolling, without audio?

To be quite honest I find the site quite bilious invoking

Acorn or Siran would be your men for the scripting.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here is an example that uses an older version of videojs.
    The video placeholder has a one time reveal animation applied for the code to be able to simply check if it is visible.
    The video file is attached to the placeholder at the top (above the visible page).
    The video placeholder at the bottom of the page has some code at the head and body sections. The head part only includes videojs. The body part defines the video tag and some code that checks every second if the video tag is displayed and if so starts the video and stops checking.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Siran, that's great. I don't understand the top page placeholder Attachment: vid640.mp4

There isn't any action in the placeholder except for a space in the body. Can you explain that a bit more please?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg, the only purpose of it is to hold the file vid640.mp4, which is attached to it using SHIFT + CTRL + ALT + A. I could also have put the video file to a support folder, but then I had to upload a ZIP file instead...

Ah! Thanks for the clarification Siran
    Egg

Hi Guys

Thanks for your messages for some reason I did not receive any notification so sorry for the delayed reply. To be truthful I do not want anything over complicated I just wondered if the ability to embed a video to start when it was revealed was supported natively within Xara. If not, it is not a big deal.

Thanks for the clarification

Best regards