Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

OK, after a long time collecting dust in my drawer I've managed to install PP 10 now, including both service packs.

I'm still running v 7.0 which usually is more than adequate for my purposes.

However, what I miss in v 10 is the tool settings box. In v 7.0 I could draw a rectangle with the cropping tool, and then adjust the size by typing the exact size into the tool settings box (and of course exact numbers for shear, rotate, scale etc).

But after two weeks I still didn't find the tool settings box in v 10 - any help on this one? It's kind of annoying to use the mouse for exact dimensions... driving me crazy. I've almost reached the point to uninstall v 10 and abandon it completely (sure, this would mean I can't use knock out anymore, but what the heck).

Does anyone of you have a solution how to flick a hidden switch to activate the tool settings box in v 10???

Any help will be appreciated!

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

OK, after a long time collecting dust in my drawer I've managed to install PP 10 now, including both service packs.

I'm still running v 7.0 which usually is more than adequate for my purposes.

However, what I miss in v 10 is the tool settings box. In v 7.0 I could draw a rectangle with the cropping tool, and then adjust the size by typing the exact size into the tool settings box (and of course exact numbers for shear, rotate, scale etc).

But after two weeks I still didn't find the tool settings box in v 10 - any help on this one? It's kind of annoying to use the mouse for exact dimensions... driving me crazy. I've almost reached the point to uninstall v 10 and abandon it completely (sure, this would mean I can't use knock out anymore, but what the heck).

Does anyone of you have a solution how to flick a hidden switch to activate the tool settings box in v 10???

Any help will be appreciated!

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

I think 10 is the same as 11 in which case you have to draw a rectangle then switch back to the selector - you should then see the options for the object which you can then change.

Hope this helps.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365
    IP

thanks for the tip, but it doesn't work: as soon as I switch back to the pointer tool, the selection for the cropping tool is gone. Still no way to activate a tool settings box. Maybe Corel abandoned it.

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--
    IP

How about Tools >> Customization >> Command Bars... select to display Property Bar. Or else I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Things work just fine.

And, yes, on the property bar, just in case, press that >> little button to display the full array of options available.

Yes, it's me.
    Yes, it's me.
    IP

Jens you've probably figured this out by now, but in case you haven't is this what you are after?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPaint10_-_Jens2.gif 
Views:	813 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	6247  
    IP

Some people find that the Crop Tool is not accurated enough so they use the Mask Tool instead.

Then from the Menu Bar they do a Image > Crop > Crop to Mask.

Hope this helps.

Name:	PPaint10_-_Jens.gif 
Views:	881 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	9607  
    IP

yes, basically this is what I mean. However, the tiny property bar is soooo small on a 1600 x 1200 screen, so the version of the PP 7 was a lot better. In addition it offered more features like lock aspect ratio etc - see attached picture.

Again, thanks for all your tips! The sad part is that I already uninstalled v 10 - no real advantage unless you want to use Knock Out which won't run with v 7.

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--

Name:	tool-settings.jpg 
Views:	958 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	11069  
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--
    IP