Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing Navagation bar Colors

I just started with Xara a few weeks ago and created my first navigation bar from scratch. I used a rectangle, added text, grouped it, copied it to the MouseOver and changed the color. then I created a navigation bar from it and it works.

Now I'd like to change the MouseOff background color to be something else. And change the MouseOver color to be something else.
    Easy right? I show the MouseOver group and I selected the navigation bar and clicked one of the colors and chose Replace color. I get a dialog box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replacecolor.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	118556

I select the color and it changes the MouseOver.

Here's where it goes south.
    Now I want to change the MouseOff color. I hide the MouseOver and select the navigation bar and clicked one of the colors and chose Replace color.
    It still wants to replace the MouseOver color.

At some point I had it show me 3 choices in the Replace Color dialog box at one time, one for the text, mouse over, and mouse out but for the life of me I can't figure out how I did it. I played with it for a half hour tonight, trying different combinations, including soloing each group.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replacecolor2.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	118557

Tried googling it and I turned up nothing.

Please tell me what am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Changing Navagation bar Colors

Gary

Try NavBar > Ungroup to edit graphics.
    Lock the (Home or leftmost) button objects on the layer you are not changing.
    Open the Colour Editor.
    Use Solo mode on the object you are wanting to change.
    Open up everything again.
    Select all buttons and select Create Navigation Bar.

To avoid all the above grief, create your button initially with Themed Colours.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Isolate the MouseOff or MouseOver layer (click the S next to the layer in the Page & Layer Gallery).

Ctrl click on the text or the rectangle for the Home button. Change the color of the rectangle or the text and the changes will apply to all instances of that button state.

If you get an error message that says to disable Adjust Button Widths... double click on the nav bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties menu and un-check that option (you can check it again after you have made your changes)

Thank you.
    I recreated the button using the theme colors and now I can change them faster.
    I'll try your approach also Gary. Thanks to you too.