Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav bar config problem

Hi

I wonder if someone can give me some pointers, I have a problem with importing and setting up a nav bar.

After I import a new navigation bar and set it up by adding some pages and subpages I get an issue when I preview it, the sub page dropdowns that appear under the main button are all showing on the far left of the nav bar under the home page button, none of them are showing directly below the main button.

I can't seem to find any way of altering the format in the nav bar menu screen, I can't find any way to change it, am I missing something? (probably something simple I missed)

Thanks for reading
    Ade

Default Re: Nav bar config problem

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Can you post a screen capture of what you're seeing? Preview the page with the dub pages and then click the Print Screen button on your keyboard.

In Xara paste the image then export as JPEG or PNG and upload here.

Sorry it took so long to respond.

I took a screen shot and posted it is attachment.
    You can see the highlighted button and all the subpages are seen on the left, all buttons when activated are the same.

I do not have this problem when I open up a new webpage from a templet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	118549  

OK, I see now.

This is pretty standard for how sub menus work. You can change the color of the menu, font and font size and color, add spaces and lines beneath the entries and an outline around the menu but that is about all.

I prefer to build my own sub menus on pop-up layers. It's a lot more work but you have more control over the sub menus.

Here is an example I did several years ago. It is very complex but it gives you an idea of what can be done www.gwpriester.com/menu-test/

And here is another http://www.gwpriester.com/photo-menu/#

Thanks for the information, why I am still confused is that even if I import a nav bar that allows for sub menus to appear directly below it still only displays at the left area, and there is no way to change it?

If I use a new web site it does show sub menus directly underneath but if I then import from that website on to the old one it then reverts back to showing the sub menus only on the left.

I think this must be a bug
    Last edited by Ade; 06 August 2017 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Perhaps you could post your .web (or .xar) file with just this navbar so that we can take a look at it.

Is that the sub menu for Page 3? If that is the case then yeah, something is so not right.

One thing I always try is create a new site and see if the same thing happens. Sometimes a document gets corrupted and all kinds of strange things happen.

Yes, something amiss here Ade. However without seeing your xar/web file it's hard to say what's going on.

I attach a copy of a navbar that works as expected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host