Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transparent Background in Hyperlink Text

I am using Xara Web Designer Premium 11.2.5.42127

I have a very large supersite with a tremendous amount of text So, I have created herds of different MS Word Files (.doc) containing the text. Sometimes those text files may contain one or more Hyperlinks to other web sites. The Text files are copied from Word into Text Boxes using Rich Text Format (Don't Match).

The Hyperlink (ex: http://askedandanswered-democrats.be...ouse.gov/cost/) ALWAYS works correctly even though I have changed the actual displayed text to be (ex: See Elijah Cummings’ Actual Count.

All is fine in a text box with a white background. My problem arises when the text box background is a colored JPEG.
    The Hyperlink displays correctly (transparent background) in Xara's editing box. Previewing or publishing reveals that all text but the hyperlink correctly has a transparent background. The Hyperlink background displays as WHITE.
    Selecting the hyperlink, right clicking on it & selecting "Clear Text Background" has no effect - Preview STILL has a white background.

WIERDNESS: By trying different things in the [MAIN] Tab, I have at times, actually gotten a transparent background, Copying and pasting the correct background Hyperlinks to different incorrect [MAIN] pages corrects those pages. Copying correct Hyperlinks from [MAIN] to incorrect [MOBILE] and [640px] pages NEVER fixes them.

Anyone have a suggestion on what I don't understand about this process????
    Thanks
    Ron

Default Re: Transparent Background in Hyperlink Text

Ron, you have a lot of variables at work in this one.

A Supersite.
    A Supersite with a Variant.
    Import of MS Word text with hyperlinks into Xara.
    Background JPEG images.
    Fine on the design page but wrong on Preview.

We don't know what general setting you have for your hyperlinks may be.

Upload an example MS Word page with its links, a background image and the design page where they fail.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat