Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default new site setup suggestion for variants ?

Building a new site that will have about 10 pages, and will have 3 variants for each (desktop, tablet, phone). Wondering what is the best practice in the initial setup of a new site...

a- create the home index page with all the main content from background, heading bar and such, then create the additional pages first for each
    (i.e. Home, Schedule, Clinics, Register, Hotel, etc), and then do the Variants after all pages are created ?

b- create the home Index page with all the base details, then setup Variants, then process to create the additional pages ?

What I did was create the home, then the variants setup. When I created the second page, the variants showed up but did not have the content I loaded on the main page 2.

Default Re: new site setup suggestion for variants ?

Building a new website with multiple variants from the ground up, I would first create the whole main website and pay close attention to the coherent use of text styles (and named colors). That way, when you create a variant and select some text in the main variant you want to share with the new variant (right-click the text object and select Website Variants/Share with all variants), you can immediately adjust the style properties of that text block in the new variant and fix that style for the new variant by clicking the Style drop-down menu in the Text toolbar and selecting "Update <style name> in this variant.' From now on, any other text objects with an identical style that you share with the new variant will automatically have the adjusted style.

It's perhaps a bit finicky at first but, once set up, it is really easy to create and modify the rest of your responsive website.

Default Re: new site setup suggestion for variants ?

I agree with Boy. Create your desktop site. Finally when your happy with this create the variants. By default this shares all the assets between variants.

If you do it the other way, you need to select an asset, right click and choose share with other variants. This can quickly become tiresome.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host