Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Button - updating all pages and variants

Setting up a menu of pages, via a stock Navigation bar buttons. Got the multiple buttons and "labels" setup for Home, Clinics, Schedule, Hotel, Register, etc. Got these copies to all pages and variants.

Now as I go to create the various 'pages' for the Schedule and Hotel and such, I need to update the Button links to go to those pages. When I update the home page, index page button links, it does NOT update the links on all of the other pages or variants.

What is the trick to have it auto update all pages, all variants, when I revise the buttons on any other page?

When I tried a 'Share with All Variants' got a Warning Window that says...
    "The selected objects cannot be LiveShared on the variant pages. Do you want to make simple copies of them on the variant pages"? Copy/Cancel

Frolin

Default Re: Navigation Button - updating all pages and variants

Navbars are not shared across variants because it's likely you want a different design altogether.

Wait... The 'format' of the bar might vary, like being horizontal on two variants, vertical on one, but its the same buttons and menu in general.
    What I read from your reply is, if I create a Navigation Menu for the different pages, and I will have about 10 pages, and will have 3 Variants, that's 30 different Navigation Menu bars...

Are you are saying there is no way to update once and for all to stay in sync?
    ...if not it means manually updating 10 buttons, 30 times, that 300 updates. That's crazy.

Don't panic! It's one navbar per variant. You can build your own or you can import them from the Online content catalog. Once the navbars are set up, adding new pages or deleting them will be automatically reflected in the navbars across the variants.