Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav within placeholder

Hi Guys, been absent for some time but as usual got a niggling small problem that I am sure has a simple solution which no doubt the experts will solve.

I have a page on a website which has news items added to and not enough room on the home page to list them as they are posted. My solution is to place a placeholder linked to a web page where they are all listed (added to/removed pre text)

The place holder to be put on the home page which can be scrolled through and an item for viewing can be clicked and the user can be taken to the web page in the site where all of the details of the event are housed. My problem is that if I link from the item selected within the place holder it opens the link within the placeholder and not navigates to the news page. As I only want what is a scrollable list that users can run through and select the item they want to see I don't want to make the placeholder a full web page in width or with bottom scrollbars. The donor page is set to a narrow width.

Ideally a slow auto scrolling panel with the ability to click an item of interest with direction to that page would be good if it exists.(perhaps adapting a slideshow widget?)

Any ideas from the geniuses?

cheers

Ken

Default Re: Nav within placeholder

Is this the type of thing you're after Ken?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's a better version. The placeholder has Head code & Body code. You just need to change the body <a href's to your url's & the text to match the story. This one stops scrolling on mouse over & resumes on mouse out. It reverses scrolling when reaching the bottom.

DEMO
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

In you list, the links are completed with Web Properties > Link > open link set to Same window (_top).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Acorn, not following you there.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sorry Acorn, not following you there.
    Any hyperlink has a target. The default is to open the link in the calling window or frame. A Placeholder is a frame so the OP gets the linked site page opening in the Placeholder.

Xara uses the above so that Link: news; Open: Same window (_top) would open the news page in the same window. So if the list is on a Xara page, called list, then any list to the rest of the site pages is simply Link <page> ;Open: Same window (_top).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay, got you now.
    Egg

Thanks Guys as usual informed help to those less learned than yourselves. As per usual with most people all we need is pointing in the right direction to do what we want to do. Will tinker away and let you know how I get on

Ken