Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default changing Navigation Button text size, fonts and colors

Trying to use the stock menu buttons for a multiple page site and navigating, but finding I can not edit the size, fonts or color of the menu buttons.
    Can get to the properties page of the Navigation Tool and have the various buttons listed, but changing fonts, size or even color, have no effect.

Found the 'ungroup' option which seems to let me go edit one button at a time, but could not get back to the Navigation menu after.
    And when I figured out how to regroup the buttons, got back to the Nav menu, the changed fonts were back to default.

Figure gotta be a easy way to change the text fonts, size and color, all in one pass not one at a time...

Frolin
    Last edited by Frolin; 31 July 2017 at 05:44 AM.

Default Re: changing Navigation Button text size, fonts and colors

Take a look in the Help file under 'Navigaton Bars/Advanced - Editing a Navbar button design'.

Frolin -

By all means check out the entry Boy pointed out.

Open the Nav Bar Properties menu. Make sure Adjust Button Widths is un-checked (you can check this after the edit if you want)

Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the Home button to select just the button shape.

Make any changes to the size, color. These will be applied to the other buttons.

Ctrl click to select the text on the Home button and make any changes. These too are applied to the other buttons.

Open the Page & Layer Gallery and click the red S icon (to isloate the layer) next to the MouseOff layer.

Make color and text changes.

Click the red S again, and close the gallery.

If necessary check the Adjust Button Widths option and then close Nav Bar Properties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nav Bar Props.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	118500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MouseOff Layer.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	118502  

Further to Garys post, many of the navbars have named colours. Drag one of these (Theme1 or Light Text) into the colour editor and you can change the colour that way.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you for the replies.
    I guess the first answer maybe, the Navigation menu font options are useless and do not do anything then, you have to manually edit the buttons like other text fields.

When I started changing fonts, that worked, but not the alignment is screwy and not clean. Tried to left, center or right justify and the words offset enough to hang out of the box (the word would fit if centered). The text over-lay was terrible looking until saved, in only partly fixed itself when saved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buttons.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	118505

So I gather there is not a easy Navigation tool edit option.
    And when editing button text manually, it gets out of alignment?

Frolin

From your screen shot the text appears right justified.

Select the text on the Home button, and then click the center justify icon on the text Inforbar.

Or attach your web/xar file
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, Egg (?),
    First thank you for the replies and directions.

Now able to go edit the fonts and sizes of the text in the Navigation buttons manually, just seems odd the Navigation menu options do not do this directly.
    Going with 14 or 16 pt Arial letters, now causes the text to extend outside the buttons even when set to adjust width.
    And the text is till not centered in (or on) the button itself.

Name:	buttons 2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	118509

You can see I have it Centered in the Text Fonts menu on top.
    And in the Navigation Bar Properties, also have it set to Center.
    But clearly the text is 'left justified' in this test.

Plus the page 'Align' feature was used to 'Horizontally Center' the Nav Button but does not appear to have any effect, as can also see they are not centered on page but to the left still.

Frolin

Guys,

Some more playing (not simple progress), was able to create a menu where the text is not centered in the buttons. It is sorta random positioning.
    Plus still can not get the group of buttons to auto-center on the page either.

Name:	buttons 3.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	118513

It appears the text in the first buttons are sorta left justified like 'Home', 'Contest' is near middle of screen and seems centered, but the next button is 'Extras' and it to is left justified. Then so is 'Hotel' over on the right side, but the last 'Contacts' is slightly right justified in the box.

What I did to get this far was, a new menu, then turn off the 'Adjust Width', then go Ctrl and Text edit the first button and change the font to Arial 16, then go back and enable 'Adjust Width' and that's all.
    So closer but still just not clean or professional.

Frolin

Look at it this way, You are learning a lot.

In your example with the text larger than the buttons, isolate the layers (the red S icon in the Page & Layer Gallery) and see on which layer this is happening (MouseOff or MouseOver) then as before edit the Home button text).

Your second example the text is Left justified. It looks uneven because all the text is offset from the left a little.

Select the text on the Home button, then click Center Justify (see attachment)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	center justify.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	118514