Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Xhris' Great Videos --- Xara Love

Quote Originally Posted by jmanganelli View Post
    This is a great segue and opportunity to redirect this discussion to the other part of this thread and focus on the positive. Have you watched Xara Xhris' tutorials? They are terrific. It helps that he goes beyond merely demonstrating the tool and showing its usage. He also goes into why it works the way it does, which is very useful for understanding how to 'think through xara'.

i hope that he continues to make training and that it gets promoted.
    Hi Joe,

Yes, I have watched several of Xara Xhris' tutorials, particularly the ones about web design, and they are excellent! I've been meaning to watch the others. Thanks for the reminder.

Another great source of tutorials mostly done by members is on XaraXone. Take a look.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by jmanganelli View Post
    This is a great segue and opportunity to redirect this discussion to the other part of this thread and focus on the positive. Have you watched Xara Xhris' tutorials? They are terrific. It helps that he goes beyond merely demonstrating the tool and showing its usage. He also goes into why it works the way it does, which is very useful for understanding how to 'think through xara'.

i hope that he continues to make training and that it gets promoted.
    It is a while since I visited Xhris's work. I was very impressed when I did. Sounds like I need to revisit.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Maybe Magix/Xara should have simply said that you are getting the current version (and all updates/upgrades) to the date of payment, and we are giving you a free trial of future upgrades over the next year, yours to keep if you don't have to reinstall, yours to keep permanently if you upgrade (renew) in a year. After all, no one seems to complain when a trial version runs out.
    I hear what you say, but the question then is, can you free trial subsequently if you haven't renewed your licence? - see here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ce-has-expired

personally I think this is just another way of 'locking in' the user....
    Last edited by handrawn; 03 August 2017 at 04:15 PM. Reason: another typo :)

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I hear what you say, but the question then is, can you free trial subsequently if you haven't renewed your licence? - see here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ce-has-expired

personally I think this is just another way of 'locking in' the user....
    Yup, you got me with that one. This applies to all of the Magix 365 programs as well. Interesting problem.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)