Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Align to Whole Page

This feature was added a few revisions ago but until this very moment I had no idea how it was different from Align to Page.

You who are more clever than I probably figured this out long ago.

If you have set your pages to display Double Page and you align To Page, The selection is aligned to the left or the right page.

If you Align to Whole Page, the alignment applies to the combined page. In this case both alignments are centered on the page and the two pages.

But as I said, you already knew that. No?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whole page.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	118526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	align.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	118527  

Default Re: Align to Whole Page

I didn't. I would use that feature for a multi-page (A4) newsletter to be printed on A3 paper but -- as far as I know -- XDP doesn't allow for spreads with more than four pages to be printed with the pages in the correct order.

XDP doesn't allow for spreads with more than four pages to be printed with the pages in the correct order.
    I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I don't understand.

For instance, I want to create a 16-page newsletter. Each page is in A4 portrait but the newsletter will be printed on four sheets of A3 paper, double-sided and landscape (allowing two A4s side by side on each side of the A3 paper). This means that the pages have to be printed such that when I put the four sheets together and fold them, the page numbering is 1, 2, 3 ... 16 when flipping through the printout. This means that the order in which the pages should be printed is: 16, 1, 2, 15, 14, 3, 4, 13, 12, 5, 6, 11, 10, 7, 8, 9.

Use an imposition software. There are several available as a plug-in to Acrobat and stand-alone.

In-app isn't always a good solution anyway, even in the few instances it is available. Then the export is in reader order, which is what I have always used, including the few books I have done myself from print to bind.

In the past I used MS Publisher and that worked well.

I'm sure you can find something here https://duckduckgo.com/?q=imposition...&t=ffsb&ia=web

Though most printing companies will do the imposition as part of their service.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Though most printing companies will do the imposition as part of their service.
    I know that but I have an A3 printer and would like to print out newsletters and booklets straight from XDP. Hence my earlier comment that I would use the 'Align to whole page' feature in those cases.