Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Can't get pixels unit in groups

Hi, I want pixels units in groups. That is when I double-click into a group and it shows in a new tab, then the units should be pixels.
    So I did what had always worked in older versions, I made a new document with units set to pixels, saved it as template and made sure the checkbox "use as default template" is on.
    It's not working. I also restarted Designer so it should somehow get that I prefer pixels, but no, it shows centimeters in every group.
    Kind regards
    Mark

Default Re: Can't get pixels unit in groups

Welcome to Talk Graphics Mark. I've never noticed that before (I rarely use Edit Inside) This only appears to happen within a normal document. You could however use a web Document, even if you don't intend to use it to create a website. Double clicking to edit inside retains pixel measurements.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg! Tried it, but honestly I don't know where this is in Designer.
    Could someone move this thread to Dear Xara...? I think there might be some little colorful bug in the code. I'll stick to an older version for some time.

Hi Mark,

Yes this is a small bug. The page units setting is not being transferred into the edit inside document.

However there is a workaround: Set up a scale factor of 1px to 1px in the main document. This works because the scale factor is correctly transferred to the edit inside document, including the units involved.

Phil

thanks for that Phil, useful to know

Works many thanks

Good workaround
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host