Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: need a top hat

Default need a top hat

Hi folks I'm working on a logo for a small local company that has a top hat in is logo. I would like to create the hat exactly as it is and while I understand that it's basically circles and squares but I can't seem to get them together in a professional looking composite. I have it attached so can anyone suggest a tutorial or give me some steps to follow to do this. Thanks.

Manny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top hat 4.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	118472  

Default Re: need a top hat

Hi Manny,

What I did in the below is to simply draw around the hat with the shape tool. Adjust the curves. Moved the hat aside and drew the few other pieces and set them into place on the hat.

I find that drawing without a fill and a good contrasting color of a low line weight (I use magenta and 0.5 pt generally) will allow me to fit curves after the basic shape is in place. Then it's a matter of adjusting the node handles, moving a line here & there, etc.

The font is some variant of StuyvesantICG Solid that has been stretched horizontally and squashed vertically. At least I couldn't find a font that matched that aspect.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top-hat.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	118476

Default Re: need a top hat

Hi and thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Manny