Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a logo in a tif-format.
    I would like to add that logo in xara3d 6 and make it 3d.

How is that possible? Looking in the application I can open emf and wmf - so I converted the tif-image to .emf and .wmf in paint shop pro.
    However, xara3d 6 says "The file does not contain any outlines"

No success in importing in the same way.

So dear xara3d-friends - what should I do to make this possible. The logo is not possible to replicate in xara3d 6, I need to import the image and then add the 3d-look.

Thanks.

tod.

You need a Vector version of the logo. Adobe illustrator, Corel draw and Xara X1 can all produce a vector wmf. PSP is a bitmap editing program and does not produce a vector output.

The CD Version comes with Xara Webster which is X1's retarded little brother (Can do most things, just not as capable)

I have been looking for the tutorial about importing problems with 3D also. I know there have been MANY posts about this, and I'm guessing there is a tutorial somewhere on here about it. But I haven't found it yet either. I would think that as many times as this question has been asked there would be something permanently posted. (Sticky?)

EDIT: I see John got in before I finished typing. But I still have problems getting from one program to the other....(I bought the new Xara 3D6 and Xara X a couple weeks ago)....

Hi Ed,

It is easy. Create your shape in xara. Save it in it's native format (.xar) Open X3D6 and import your .xar. Seems pretty easy to me. What is making it so hard? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Tod
    Welcome to the forum. Xara3D doesn't create its own 3d shapes other than text in whatever fonts you have installed. Any other shapes have to be imported from a vector-based drawing program like XaraX, Xara Webster, Coreldraw or Illustrator.

A tiff image is a bitmap format, just coloured pixels in a rectangular array. When you use PaintShop to export as a wmf, it is just creating a empty wmf file with an embedded preview bitmap, so there are no actual vector shapes in it for Xara3D to find.

What you need to do is use a vector drawing program and create shapes to match the ones in your tiff image, see the attached for a nano-tutorial.

John, Zemo
    I see you got in as I was making the graphics for Tod http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Craigtech_tut.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	15319  

I see you can plain import or you can import Animation, Design, or Style.

I create a simple star design, add a bevel for a 3D look, but when it imports (plain import), it back to just a star with no bevel.
    I looked at the movie for the new 3D6, do they have one for Xara X too?

Zemo
    Importing Animation, Design, or Style imports from an existing Xara3D file which has the relevant attributes you want. A plain import is normally a vector shape created in another application. When you import one of these, it looks for a simple outlined shape and ignores any other aspect such as fill colour, line colour, line thickness, or bevel. Xara3D has its own attributes for shapes, and these can be imported from another X3D file.

Mike