Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I hope Jens doesn't mind, but I was quite taken by his animated yin-yang avatar, so I set about trying to see if I could duplicate it in Xara3D. Jens's ying-yang symbols don't have the enclosing ring, but I had positioning problems when I tried that, so my version has rings, which were the easiest solution.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I hope Jens doesn't mind, but I was quite taken by his animated yin-yang avatar, so I set about trying to see if I could duplicate it in Xara3D. Jens's ying-yang symbols don't have the enclosing ring, but I had positioning problems when I tried that, so my version has rings, which were the easiest solution.

Mike

Did you have to custom make those shapes in a different program and then import into Xara 3D?

Ed

Very nice, Mike!

Zemo
    Yes, I had to create the shapes in XaraX first, and import them into Xara3D.

Fencepost
    Thanks, but the inspiration was Jens. While working out how to get the animation to work in two planes at once I realised I could actually do three rings at a time, so of course I just had to do it, didn't I? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Couldn't resist another one. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yin-Yang-Yong_anim.gif 
Views:	1798 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	15742  

Mike

That's amazing!

Can you explain to us new users how you got the two separate shapes to rotate in different directions?

Gary

Gary
    I've been worrying how to explain it since I posted it. Basically it is a manual step animation with a frozen Rotate1 animation providing the 90 degree twist! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YinYang_Tutorial.png 
Views:	1059 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	11324  

Amazing yet again Mike.
    I'm sure even more use could be made of the page break routines.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

First, Mike let me thank you for the mini-tutorial. (I wasted half a Sunday trying to replicate your logo) Although I came up with a different method, it was a good bit of fun.

Second, it is the first time that I've played with this prog,(after me bother gave it to me for a gift) and it really is such a fun little prog with terrific results and capabilities. I've been an X user from day one but never thought to try Xara3D. Great stuff!