Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Vectordrawing of a woodcut print from German Artist Albrecht Dürer

That is amazing work, Ernie, thank you.

Thank You all! I know You're all great artists too and I'l love all Your work.
    But isn't it that what makes Xara-Artist outstanding to others?
    To be a part of graphicTalks and Xara and all the Tools they give us?
    Critism and all the things are written in other threads we don't must recall them here.

I wish us and Xara a successful future! (Oh I would write R.I.P.-XARA, but maybe to early and on a wrong place??) I hope so! Please XARA, forgive me my sarcasm.
    It's native bavarian!

Cheers

Ernie

Albrecht would have been so proud of your detailed work.
    TJB

Thanks for Your kind words.
    Albrecht's drawing was ink made. An other artist then cut this Template-Drawing in a wooden plate. In a print-press it will be multiplied.

This is a wonderfull example of crafmanship in the mediaval. We who uses PC's, softwares like Xara and the modern print prcesses are poor why we lost this know how. One mistake in the woodcut will demage the plate. What a luck we got Ctrl+Z!

That precisision they had done I can't achieve with Xara. So I've a great respect from their work. My drawing is only an analogy to the original and testing out Xaras limits.

BTW I'm working on an other one. So stay tuned!

Excellent work, very impressive.