Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web Animation

Default Re: Web Animation

A png does give it transparency provided it's saved with an alpha channel. What you need to avoid is overlarge images overlaying images behind it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If I go ahead and make bitmaps of my images and convert to png, how do I make sure they are not clogging or adding extra picture files on my uploads to the websites?

I do have my images that I use in a folder called "images," that I use to drag and drop into the program.

I just don't want all the extras....so does Xara clean them out and only use those appropriate, do you KNOW?

Export Website to your local hard-drive, open the folder and view what's been uploaded into the index_htm_files folder
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have looked in there. Most are jpg's. I'm not sure what belongs in there or what I can delete. Many of them have a number and the the @2x.jpg. Some do not.

How do I know what I can delete or clean up without breaking something?

Don't touch anything in there Sue! Xara creates all the files that are required in there and removes the ones that are no longer required.

In the main Xara will export to jpg or png depending on what it see as best. You can override this as I show in the video.

the @2x.jpg are retina (hi-def) images for viewing on iPads. You can turn this off - Web Properties / Website /untick check-box bottom right. Re Export and look again in the index_htm_files folder and they'll be gone.
    Egg

okay, thanks!
    Sue