Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Web Animation

Hybrid View

Default Web Animation

Hey...I can't get a Reveal or a Scroll animation. I MUST be doing something wrong, like usual.

Here's the site: http://www.themaidencookie.com

I tried on the Cookie jar, the Sugar jar and the Tea Pot. Is it because it has a shadow? I'm on the wrong layer? (I'm on the MouseOff)

I've watched the video how to do animations, and followed and still nothing, nada, zip!

Thanks for your excellent directions....as always,
    Sue

Default Re: Web Animation

That link gives a 404 Sue. It's far better if you attach your .web file.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well, shoot, I typed it wrong!
    http://www.thecookiemaiden!
    http://www.thecookiemaiden.com

I have not been successful trying to send a .web yet. But will give it a shot in a little bit.

sarahpollaro.web
    I hope that this worked. This is the .web file.

Thanks for the help by looking at what I am doing wrong!

Sue

Haven't gotten any help yet. Does that mean no one knows what I did wrong?

Sue

I did post an answer last night but probably due to a senior moment forgot to hit post.

First thing, if you create an animation and give it no timing, leaving it set to zero it will obviously animate so quick you won't see it

Secondly, crop your images so they only contain the visible content, not vast swathes of transparent nothingness. Then create a bitmap copy at the required size. Delete. It will remain in the bitmap gallery for you to drag on stage.

Thirdly, select the image, Web Properties / Image / and ensure it exports as a png.

Finally, ensure the animated images are generally above the remaining page content. If it isn't and it's below a jpg image it won't animate.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Now that is another amazing lesson. I had no idea I had to have a png....I had picked almost every animation there was to try.
    I will watch this over and over again.

Now as far as ensuring that it's not below a jpg, as long as it's a png, it will animate? Because, as you can see, I wanted those objects to be behind that ribbon and you did do it on 2 of them. So I wanted to make sure I understand..it's all about the PNG!

And I never really got the whole bitmap thing...so this is pretty good to help me to understand how important it is to change it.
    Is it for all graphics then, they all should be png's regardless of animation or not?