Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bottom Text Nav/Links not working...strange issue

Xara 365 Premium, latest updates..etc.
    I cannot seem to figure this out..but here is the situation. I like to place text links in the bottom of each website, as a navigation to pages. (footer)
    Works fine in previous versions, but in 365, I can type the line of texts, such as.. Home Services Contact, then I highlight each word and insert the link to the page. After exporting or previewing, they do not work, even the mouseover effects do not show. I am placing this text on the mouse off layer. Interesting, if I load the site in the older version of xara, export or test, it works just as expected. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Default Re: Bottom Text Nav/Links not working...strange issue

Quote Originally Posted by Seabatt View Post
    Xara 365 Premium, latest updates..etc.
    I cannot seem to figure this out..but here is the situation. I like to place text links in the bottom of each website, as a navigation to pages. (footer)
    Works fine in previous versions, but in 365, I can type the line of texts, such as.. Home Services Contact, then I highlight each word and insert the link to the page. After exporting or previewing, they do not work, even the mouseover effects do not show. I am placing this text on the mouse off layer. Interesting, if I load the site in the older version of xara, export or test, it works just as expected. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Check the order of your Layers: Pasteboard background, Page background, MouseOff, MouseOver, Mousedown, others. There must be nothing in-between.

Also check you are using a web page - Utilities > Options > General > Document editing > Document type: Web document.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat