Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't replace the placeholder with a graphics on my small 5 page website

Good Sunday evening all,
    I have build a 5 page website with a varient mobile 3 page website. After having tons of problems trying to get a contact form in the website, finally was able to put a Coffee Cup contact form on the 3 page varient mobile site. However, after returning to the main website I decided to delete the placeholder on the contact page and replace it with a graphics until I could figure out how to get the Coffee Cup form on that page. Bottom line, I can see the graphics on the contact page where I was able to delete the placeholder, but when I publish the website the placeholder is still there. I have tried to publish several times but the placeholder is still there. I have even gone to another computer and took a look at www.ladyirelleneal.com only to find the placeholder still present. What can I do. Thanks for your assistance.

robert

Default Re: Can't replace the placeholder with a graphics on my small 5 page website

I see a black box. Try refreshing the page.

Default Re: Can't replace the placeholder with a graphics on my small 5 page website

Thank you GWPRIESTER, As a matter of fact I rebooted my computer several times. Plus, I tried my wife's computer to see if there was a difference and whether her computer would show the graphics I used to try and replace the black box (Xara Wed Designer 365) "placeholder". The results were the same. I can't imagine why I can plainly see the graphics replace the black box, but when I republish the site the black box (placeholder) is still there. I am truly mystified. Thank you again GWPRIESTER. I appreciate your quick response.

robert

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Thank you GWPRIESTER, As a matter of fact I rebooted my computer several times. Plus, I tried my wife's computer to see if there was a difference and whether her computer would show the graphics I used to try and replace the black box (Xara Wed Designer 365) "placeholder". The results were the same. I can't imagine why I can plainly see the graphics replace the black box, but when I republish the site the black box (placeholder) is still there. I am truly mystified. Thank you again GWPRIESTER. I appreciate your quick response.

robert
    Robert, it most certainly is a black box (<span class="xr_ar" style="left:492px;top:643px;width:401px;height:631 px; background-color: #000000;"></span>).
    It is probably hiding on a hidden Layer.
    Go to the Page and Layer gallery and click the 3-eyes icon (All layers / objects visible) [F1 > search: Layers] or click on the red eyes.

If the box then appears, delete it.

It is probably hiding on the MouseOver Layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Monday Mornining Acorn and thank you for getting back to me on this problem and pushing me closer to solving it. You caused me to have to look at another aspect of Xara Web Designer 365 and I am thankful for that. As you suggested I've gone to the page & layer gallery and clicked on layers. I looked at the contact page (mouse off) which seems to show everything on this page. It even shows the all graphics to include the "FaceBook" & "Twitter" graphics. It also shows the graphic I used in place of the black box which I originally intended to use as a "Place Holder" for a Coffee Cup Form. When this proved problematic, I decided to replace the black box with a same size graphic which I can see using the Page & Layer Gallery. I actually don't see the black box until I went to the "Mobile" website and accessed the Page & Layer Gallery. There I saw 2 black boxes which I deleted. However, I've gone back to www.ladyirelleneal.com but see no changes. The black box is still present on the Main Website, but the Coffee Cup Form seems to still be present on the Mobile website. I am still lost.

robert

Is it possible you at some time in the past accidentally changed the folder you publish to and now only see the result of the last correct publish action?

Siran, Good Tuesday Morning To You,
    What you say sounds possible, but I don't know. I am brand new at using Xara and building websites in general. I am in the basic stage as far as learning is concerned. I will make a note of this for future reference. Thank you Siran.

robert

Hello, this is the Xara Webstyle / Menumaker forum. All but dead. You say in your profile that you have Web Designer Premium 365. If so I think this is posted in the incorrect forum
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I still see the form on both variants:

http://www.ladyirelleneal.com/Irelle...m7-20-2017.php
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Friday Morning Egg Bramhill and thank you for pointing out me not posting in the correct forum. I am truly sorry about that. I will certainly plan to be much more careful going forward. And yes, the form is still present on the main and mobile sites. Now I am trying to make some changes such as widening the forms so they don't squeeze info. Using Coffee Cup Forms has been a very steep learning curve for me and I still don't feel comfortable and feel like I truly know what i'm doing. Thanks much.

bob