Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Text Gone Beserk..

Something to think about..do you think that possibly the font itself had to do with the issue. There's a possibility I may have used a font that didn't function properly with the Text Block..hmmm.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    This is strange. Another post about the same issue.

LINK
    Different genesis perhaps,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It wasn't your cat. This happens to me all the time. I believe it is related to grouping text with other objects.

I don't use any "shape" conversion tools. This is strictly putting text in boxes and making groups. Over time (never immediately) the Text Line gets turned into a group of individual characters making text edits impossible.

This is a massive oversight and a huge issue for certain users of this product. Xara, where's your response?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McBoat View Post
    This is strictly putting text in boxes and making groups. Over time (never immediately) the Text Line gets turned into a group of individual characters making text edits impossible.

This is a massive oversight and a huge issue for certain users of this product. Xara, where's your response?
    Yes has happened to me it seems like forever, and it irritates the dickens out of me. And more times than not I have to re-type..ugh!

What happens if you ungroup them. Is the text still shapes or text?

Please attach a xar/web file showing this behaviour
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, here's an example of what we're talking about.

XaraParagraph.web

Unfortunately that doesn't really help GuG. Basically the .web file is just a paragraph of text converted to Editable shapes and Ungrouped / Ungrouped.

It doesn't show in anyway why this is happening. Are you using personalised key shortcuts?

In all my years of using Xara I've never experienced this problem & I can't think of anyway it would happen other than via converting text to Editable shapes and Ungroup / Ungroup, which is a fairly complex set of commands.

Perhaps you could produce a video of how this occurs?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I dunno if I know how to do this Egg. I can tell you that I do not convert to editable shapes. It just struck me, it happens only when I take the text tool, do a rectangle and type a paragraph. At some point after that every letter separates and the edit block shows as a group. It really bumfuzzles me.

Well that baffles me, I can't replicate it and only yourself and one other member seems to be having this problem ???
    Egg

Well it could be something, I guess, between my system and the app. I can't figger' it out, but as usual thank you for the effort.