Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Text Gone Beserk..

..and I can't figure out why; X365/Win10/64: I created the Text outline, type a paragraph and save. I come back later and the body is all broken up, not allowing any revision. In other words it has come apart line-by-line and even leter-by-letter. Any assist appreciated. Thanks.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: Text Gone Beserk..

Could you attach the web file GiddyUp? Only way I can imagine that happening is if you select the text, Change to Editable shapes / Ungroup / Ungroup.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't know what I may have done to cause this; don't remember doing anything but typing in the Text Block. I can't seem to upload anything but a graphic file and that wouldn't tell you anything I don't think.

See if you can find a backup with the text as text (File/Open Recent/Backups)
    OR
    If the web file hasn't been closed yet UNDO (Ctrl+Z)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sounds if you have changed the text to Shapes. Check if the whole blob drags in Preview as an image.
    Without a Backup, you are stymied.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You could both be right-on. I'm going to re-type both paragraphs, very carefully, not to change anything to see if it does it again; will let you know..thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    You could both be right-on.
    And I did re-type the two paragraphs. Hopefully the issue will not crop up again. Thanks for the input.

Stop letting your cat walk across your keyboard
    Egg

Amen!

This is strange. Another post about the same issue.

LINK
    Egg