Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website not uploading properly with links to the other pages??

I've finally uploaded my site (got brave)! Everything checked out fine before uploading. Now when I click on a link from the menu, it says it isn't exported. But I can look on the "remote" site and see that it's there. All the index_files are there also.

On Edge, the home and the last link are not showing but an x mark there. But the other browsers look fine.

Can someone look at the site and see what in the world I have done wrong? Why would it say "this page has not been exported yet, when it is on the site in the main public_html area?

http://www.bccsc.net see "committee chairs" "the shaggy rag" and a few others here and there. Can it be the names of the pages? What am I missing here...

Help please...as time has gone by, it's been about 30 minutes, the other pages seem to be loading. I've never encountered this in webdesign. Sorry to have bothered anybody....
    Sue
    Last edited by SueB; 18 July 2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: site was updating...

Default Re: Website not uploading properly with links to the other pages??

"this page has not been exported yet, when it is on the site in the main public_html area?"
    Sue, you only get this "this page has not been exported yet" error when yo click on the single page preview current webpage icon. If you press on the Preview whole website this i won't be displayed. You'll only get this warning if your publishing to your local machine NOT the internet/your server.

By the way I suggest sticking to the default Xara default file extension .htm and not confuse it with the .html file extension. There be dragons
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Egg. I was using my browser to view, not the preview in Xara. Was the oddest thing.

What do you mean there may be issues with html? Can you be more specific? I can change it of course, but it's what I've gotten used to.
    Would love to know more!
    Sue

Sue, give me a url on the internet that displays "this page has not been exported yet" error.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, it seems it took a while for the site to show up. As I was browsing through on different browsers, I got a lot of weird stuff including the "this page has not been exported yet," by Xara. I've never seen anything like it. Perhaps it was because I had just taken down the larger site that I was replacing and that's how it works. Again, not something I've ever done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sue, give me a url on the internet that displays "this page has not been exported yet" error.

If there was a site there previously that could explain it.

A ctrl-f5 should clear your cache for that website in most browsers.

It all looks fine for me from my mobile, one small point that's probably not related but good to avoid never the less is using spaces in some of the web page names, so;
    the shaggy rag.html
    comes out as
    the%20shaggy%20rag.html
    for example.

Hyphens would be better than spaces

I had cleared my cache..lol. Not sure what was the issue. I could see the files on the server, but it seemed it took about 45 minutes for them all to render properly. One of the browsers I had checked with, I never ever use.
    I noticed that too with the % sign. When I work in dreamweaver I never ever leave spacing! I guess I need to rename my files in the gallery and then relink?
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptex View Post
    If there was a site there previously that could explain it.

A ctrl-f5 should clear your cache for that website in most browsers.

It all looks fine for me from my mobile, one small point that's probably not related but good to avoid never the less is using spaces in some of the web page names, so;
    the shaggy rag.html
    comes out as
    the%20shaggy%20rag.html
    for example.

Hyphens would be better than spaces

Yes, best avoid spaces, use hyphens instead.
    Egg

I took out all the spaces and added hyphens.

I was able to duplicate the issue this morning. Seems that when I export that something goes amiss and not all files must be there.
    Sue