Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help.. can't get mouse over highlight working

Hello all,
    After several hours of frustration trying to work out why my roll-over effects are not working I have decided to ask the knowledgeable folk on Talk Graphics for help.
    Basically, I am creating a website using Xara 365 with the latest updates installed. I create a landing page (attached) and I cannot for the life of me get the roll over effects of the mouse-over working. I thought the best way to describe the setup was simply to attach it as a 1 page XAR file.

The area in question is the small contact box near the top right hand corner, to be inserted on all pages as requested by the customer. Each round icon (for Telephone, Mobile & Email) is supposed to highlight when mouse over'd but don't on preview or saved test-sites. If you look at the Mouse -over layer you will see that I have set up pop-up images as well as a simple soft grouped mouse over effect.. just enough to show the mouse selection in conjunction with the pop-up. In addition, I do net get direct mouse-over effects with the main menu either. Any help would be appreciated.

Frank
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Need help.. can't get mouse over highlight working

Hi Frank, you had layers between the Mouse Off & Mouse Over layers. I just moved the mouse over layer to directly above the mouse off layer & the roll-overs worked. The default roll over is Fade, instead of Instant. Right click over any button & select Web Animation. In the window that opens change the roll-over to None (I think this should be Instant). In here you can also say which pop-up layer it opens.

See amended file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ah.. thanks Egg, I had missed that requirement. It works a treat now (and the main menu bar also mouse-overs properly).
    I can now get the site to the customer for proofing today so I'm very grateful.

Frank

Glad to of been of assistance Frank. I really dislike the animation on buttons being Fade by default.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host