Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Named Color I didn't create!

I don't even know what to say about this...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-11_7-55-23_What the....png 
Views:	132 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	118350

I was working on an old file, updating the drawing with techniques I've learned and making other adjustments. When opening the file after having saved and left it for a while, I discovered this new named color which I DID NOT create. It DOES NOT show in the up in the "Name Gallery" at all. ("Pink" is not in my drawing anywhere. I do have a named color in "red" and shades of it, though)

I deleted the color, saved the file, reopened the file, only to find the pink color there again!

I've had an ongoing problem with "Named Colors" in the past, i.e. the named color called "Brush Color", which at one time, I DID create myself, but have never been able to get rid of since. If in Options the "Delete unused colors" is unchecked, "Brush Color" appears, EVEN though it is NOT in the "Template".

If I delete it, save the file, close the file and reopen the file, "Brush Color" is back again, but doesn't show up in the "Name Gallery".
    IF!!! I select "Delete unused colors" in the Options menu, delete the "Brush Color", save the file, reopen the file, THEN the "Brush Color" is gone. Great, right?
    HOWEVER, after doing all of this, IF at some later date, open the file with "Brush Color" NOT SHOWING, reset the Options to NOT DELETE unused colors, work on the file, then save it (still with "Brush Color" no where to be found, right?) then later reopen the file with the Options unchecked on "Delete unused colors, the "Brush Color" reappears.

I've had this problem exist during several Xara versions/upgrades.

NOW, for the first time I've seen this oriental font Named color in pink that I never created, as mentioned above.
    I just don't know what to make of it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-16_13-42-42.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	118351  
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 11 July 2017 at 04:32 PM.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Named Color I didn't create!

It's a North Korean virus Ron. In Korean it means "Kim Jong-un is in the pink".

My God, I'm on the hit list now

Seriously I've no idea where this comes from, sorry.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Named Color I didn't create!

one for Inspector Clouseau I'm thinking...

I've no idea either
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...