Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Latest Update would not apply until I renewed

Not sure what to make of this.

I had three days left on my subscription.

The new update was announced here in the forum, XDPro would not recognize that there was an update available.

Today I renewed my subscription and behold the new update was available.

I mean do I not own the rights of my software until it expires. The Talkgraphics announcement did not indicate that I would need to renew in order to receive this update.

Just wondering.

sunland

Default Re: Latest Update would not apply until I renewed

From Xara.com :
    * WHAT HAPPENS AFTER 365 DAYS?
    If you don't upgrade again the Update Service expires.
    Any online services will cease, or fall back to a basic service.
    For current 365 products this means:
    Web Designer: The free hosting will continue, but you will no longer have guaranteed access to Online Designer and the Online Content Catalog will no longer be accessible†
    Web Designer Premium: The M hosting falls back to the free hosting offer, but you will no longer have guaranteed access to Online Designer and the Online Content Catalog will no longer be accessible†
    Designer Pro: The M hosting falls back to the free hosting offer, but you will no longer have guaranteed access to Online Designer and the Online Content Catalog will no longer be accessible†
    Photo & Graphic Designer: You will no longer have guaranteed access to Online Designer (included with Photo & Graphic Designer since the June 2017 update), and the Online Content Catalog will no longer be accessible†
    In addition you will no longer receive feature or content updates. The copy(s) that you have installed at the time of expiry will continue to run indefinitely, BUT if you re-install on a new machine after the Update Service has expired then the new installation will fall back to the version you last purchased.

first check you didn't miscalculate your renewal date - if you are certain that the update came out before your update service expired then I would contact Xara... that should not happen

EDIT - ok you renewed anyway.. but it sure doesn't seem right to me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I still have 2 days left on my subscription but it doesn't show any update when I click 'Check for updates'. It currently lists as the March 30, 2017 update. Seemingly, it is actuall less than 9 months of updates (3 update releases), perhaps it should be renamed to Designer Pro X265.
    James Kelly

The expiry date was given to me in a pop-up screen when I started XDPro.

Anyway after considering all that has transpired, pros and cons, I decided to give Xara another year.

Have been around since CorelXara.

Ho! Ho! ho!

sunland

You could always download the new trial version and as long as you're inside your renewal period it should update it

My delivery date shown on the paperwork that accompanied the CD shows 15th July ( today actually ! ). Two days ago I tried to update and was told that I am up to date. I haven't been able to get the update of this week. Not to worry though, as far as I am concerned Xara does for me all that I want it to do so I am not going to renew.
    I find Affinity very interesting having had it since its first Beta...

Mine has not updated yet, it just says it is updated. How do I know the latest version/update.

Go help / about. The latest version of DesinerPro is 12.8.0.50771 DL x64 Jul 12 2017. If yours is an earlier version it won't match this behzad.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yeah, I didn't even know there was a new update, only that my service had expired. I've paid up this time around but at this stage I think it is probably going to be my last. I just don't see $129 value in what we've received in the last 12 months. There is way too much stuff that has nothing at all to do with the application, at least not for professionals. I don't need web hosting and it would never even occur to me to look for a template for anything. I've used the clip art a little over the years, but never for anything significant. All I want is the application, the other stuff is a waste of disk space.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com