Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Supersite template: add page or duplicate page without nav bar corruption

I was having the 'new page' overwriting another nav bar item - not the sub-menu, but the item name only.
    Hubbub, that is not standard Xara behavior.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Supersite template: add page or duplicate page without nav bar corruption

Yes, I do not think so, but I thought it worthy of pursuing. I did download the template again to see if the action is repeated -- that maybe in the first download I had somehow corrupted the file. It still does the same false behavior, so I have to assume it something in the program - my copy? - that's creating the difference between your results and mine. Do you think it worthwhile to re-install the program from a new copy? Let me know when you have time. I realize you are busy, but I appreciate your conscientiousness toward clients. Thanks.

Hubbub, perhaps it would help if you told us the name of the template you're using? Did you Run as Administrator?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not sure what a supersite template is but I am having the same problem with my website. I add a new page and in the navigation bar it replaces an existing page. It's irritating but I am used to it now although it would be good to have a fix.

When you add a new page, a new button is automatically added to the Nav bar. This is how it is supposed to work.

If you double click on the Nav bar to open the Nav Bar Properties menu, you can select the new page and rename it (this is the name that will appear on the button). You can delete the page (it will still remain on the site, it is just removed from the Nav bar.

I have exactly the same problem on all the templates I have tried, which is several! Including the one I'm using today as I work on several websites. YES, I have "Run As Administrator" chosen. Adding new pages deletes two or more of my menu buttons including all their sub-menus too! I have to rebuild all the missing menu options over again EACH TIME I ADD A NEW PAGE. I have also tried locking the NavBar menus and that don't work either, the menus still get altered when I add more pages. VERY ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING...GRRRRRRRRR! I use Magix desktop version of Xara Designer Pro X, with annual membership. Is there a way to turn off adding to NavBar? After the first setup, I would rather manually add additional NavBar menu items rather then rebuild the menu every time I add a new page.

Are you getting a dialog that wants you to redundant delete links? I get this a lot when I have a nav bar link to a page but that also has sub-menus. Fie on the developers. It is altogether OK to link to a generic page that has a drop down menu to other related pages. I feel badgered into saying OK delete redundant links but this is more often than not what I want to do.

Can anyone do a video/screen capyture of this behaviour? I've never experienced it.
    Egg