Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
That's a good attempt Rik. I know I am being a bit of a pain here but that is a job for Illustrator CS2 and above using 3D effects onto a circle, saving your squares as a symbol which are drawn straight across the page. Go back into an edit of your 3D sphere and then mapping your squares onto that. You would have to rotate your symbol to achieve the look that you wanted and maybe change the lighting a bit as well but that would be it. Sorry I forgot to mention the stray squares on the R/hand side you could either expand your ribbon effect and scale or shear or just add them on manually using pen tool. I know I am out of order here as the question referred to a Xara drawing but when I see something could be done really easier in another piece of software I would use that.
Many users (including me) have Illustrator.
However, I wouldn't know how to do any of what you kindly explained.
If you wanted, you could do a small tutorial (simple steps) and then I would see what you mean?
And actually learn something.

There's a Graphics Chat forum. You could post your tutorial there and develop our skills.
Particularly if there are others like me who tried Illustrator, and couldn't get on with it. And your tutorial may just get me/them started.
If you know what I mean?