Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X update July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    I don't see anything here for those who use the program for drawings/art.

Not only for those.

It is time to realize that the development of the core part of the program is finished, the code is complex, the team is small, the application needs to stay fast as its biggest advantage with the rivals, so better to not risk with mixing the code.

With the price increase the paradox is that those pay more, who love the program most. Those who can see the things objectively already did not extend the subscription.

We need to realize now, in 2017, that it is the wasting of the time to propose anything here or trying to be cool and positive, the core program will be not developed, small additions, bug fixes and online content which going to be added in the future.

Seems to me to be more like a maintenance release than an upgrade. Mostly nonsense stuff of little use or interest to any designer or illustrator. Top of their list... Facebook, G+ and Twitter header templates - Really??? Anyone could make those up themselves in a few minutes. Adding a few photo filters... big deal, most free phone apps can do that and more. The ligatures upgrade is nothing more of a fix.

I too have 'subscribed' to Xara since the beta release of Xara Studio and have updated every time, albeit a few times through loyalty, but this 'upgrade' is taking the Mickey. I can't fathom Magix's pricing structure, the upgrades get smaller and the price gets higher!

On the subject of pricing, on the Xara homepage the pricing is as follows;
    Web Designer 365 Premium... $100
    Page and Layout Designer 11... $90
    Photo and Graphic Designer 365... $60
    Total for all 3... $250
    But hey wait, you can buy all 3 in one program for just $299 !!! How would that entice anyone?
    James Kelly

Got to agree with czehz and Signpig....tinkering at best and trivialities. I have to also agree strongly that most of the stuff theyare releasing involves bits and pieces that can be easily knocked up.

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Not only for those.
    It is time to realize that the development of the core part of the program is finished, the code is complex, the team is small, the application needs to stay fast as its biggest advantage with the rivals, so better to not risk with mixing the code.
    With the price increase the paradox is that those pay more, who love the program most. Those who can see the things objectively already did not extend the subscription.
    We need to realize now, in 2017, that it is the wasting of the time to propose anything here or trying to be cool and positive, the core program will be not developed, small additions, bug fixes and online content which going to be added in the future.
    Don't get me wrong, but for such upgrades is much easier and cheaper to have XDP without subscription and XWD with subscription .