Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What do you want Xara/Magix to do?

Can someone tell me what happened this time? Suddenly I log on and see a bunch of threads where users are dissatisfied. Rather than make a new thread asking (there are already enough threads up) I came to ask here. Don't mean to derail the thread.
    Just gimme a TL;DR. Is it that after a year Xara 365 didn't receive an update and people are angry about that?

The Alien - Please read my first post. I tried to explain.

I would like to see bugfixes for free.
    at least for 2 or 3 years or so, until a complete new generation like
    XARA MAXIMUS arrives.
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Ok the way I see it is that Xara Design Pro focus on four areas: Photo manipulation, Drawing, Page layout, Web design with over lap between the areas.

Overall, finish the open type support and the color management. Keep improving the export and import features of the software.

Now I really do not use Xara for photo manipulation other than basic stuff. So I have no real ideas for this area.

For drawing, Xara needs to look at updating the gradient tools to have more features. Allow widths of strokes to be adjusted by using sliders or number field for selected nodes. Xara has made some good improvements in the brush feature but continue improving. I for one use the Vector Trace and would like some upgrading of this feature.

Page layout - focus on the color management and allowing lager documents to be handled. It really should not be that hard to allow different templates(i.e.. Master pages) for different pages in a document.

Web Design- I am not really sure why there is so much focus on the online designer when Xara should be I my opinion, more focused on improving the core Web Design. I like the content upgrades but they are not what needs Xara focus as much as improvement in tool design. Like for me - No follow links.

Just my opinion off the top of my head.

Ray

Hi,

It would be nice to stop dispersing efforts at every new wind blowing and concentrate on building a solid Illustrating and graphics tool.
    A rewrite with a scalable UI, conserving the excellent aspects and improving on the weaknesses.

Definately different editions :

• Enthusiast (Like existing photo and graphic)
    • Pro (Illustration, graphic and publishing centric)
    • Web

Having everything crammed hurt credibility and makes a more complex interface.

The reason Affinity is doing well is a blatant hole in the vector development, there hasn’t been anything serious in years.
    It’s also an example that there is money to make in this department.

Xara is really quite underrated as an illustration tool.
    It’s productivity details are mostly unparalleled, it would be awesome to see this talent focused again to finish what has been started.

Of course I am biased as an illustrator, but I’ve certanly done my research for my tools !

-Marc

Unhappy Different pricing for update of prescription

Hi,
    I got a message that I had to update my prescription of XDP 365. I followed the link, got a price and when I was about to check out it had increased to $169. I aborted the update and when I tried again I got the pricing €119. Quite a difference in pricing I must say. So, I did my purchase.

Now I am not sure that I will update in the future as the errors using the updates are so plentyful that my company can't produce websites anymore - unless I go back to the functioning version that was released a year ago.

To bad, to expensive and to annoying.

Sad, as I have used XARA since the very first version so many years ago.

/Mr. Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: Different pricing for update of prescription

I have moved your comment to this thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...o&goto=newpost

Default Re: Different pricing for update of prescription

Hi Ray,

... so much focus on the online designer when Xara should be I my opinion, more focused on improving the core Web Design
    I genuinely believe this is the way forward that Xara is aiming for. I think Xara will transform from desktop based software to an online, "cloud" type software. I could be very wrong but I think the base code (Camelot?) is so long in the tooth as not to be future proof and will eventually abandoned with a newer online designer. They are getting there slowly and have announced there will be some new developments in this area in the near feature.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Please do not make this a specific feature request. These should be posted in the Dear Xara forum.
    Okay, but I have asked for a form generator many times, like we had 20 years or so ago in Frontpage, and not a third party widget that gives you limited amount of clicks then charges.

Other than that, just listen and service the loyal customer base instead of using them as a cash cow to generate revenue that in normal circumstances as a business model would come as an internal investment.

Hold off on the kitchen sink... And just fix the stuff you half-assed added over the years.

Thanks