Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: At least give us a kiss(goodbye)

Thanks Boy

Yes civil it should be and a +1 is enough to make the point

Hans
    IP

+1

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

+1
    IP

+1
    I paid 119€ to renew but probably won't do it again.
    But the problem that is more important to me is that I didn't get a new key, and as far a I know I will not be able to install two different 365 versions on one machine.
    IP

+1
    Agonizing over whether to subscribe/upgrade or not, but can't see a compelling reason to do so. Main 'improvement' for me over the past year was breaking cutting and pasting text into Xara Pro from word processors (caused me all sorts of problems!). I've found a workaround, and like Xara Pro, but the renewal price is too high. I'm still not sure what to do, but prefer the old upgrade model to this one.
    IP

+1

I have been using Xara products since 2003, however, my subscription is due in a few days and I will not be renewing.

It has been saddening to watch my preferred vector app, I am a web designer primarily and Xara was brilliant for managing my design wireframes and layouts, be easily surpassed by industry standard and relatively new apps due to changes, or, lack of UX awareness which has resulted in an increasingly frustrating experience.

Very sad
    IP

+ .5

My feeling, and I have expressed this to Xara, is that the program has gotten old and new features are added as patches because every new feature has to work with the existing code, which as I just said is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I think Xara needs to look seriously at the feature requests, and then do some serious thinking about where to go from here.

Features have been added year after year that once added are forgotten. A good example is the Bitmap Tracer. When was the last time you saw any change there. Or the Bevel Tool, the 3D Extrude, the Mold Tool, etc. To be fair some tools have been improved but many have just been forgotten.

My hope is that Xara will do some serious analysis on this venerable application, and come up with a concept for what the ideal program for the next 10 years and then start from scratch and design a program that will lead the pack as they have done in the past. This will take time and is not something that can be done overnight. But it is a place to start.

The subscription method is something that is being done in the industry, not just Xara Magix so we can't blame Xara Magix for that. What I would like to see is two powerhouse programs that work together but are separate applications, Designer X and Web Designer.
    IP

Gary, we're addressing the upgrade/renewal price (look at posts #1 and #4) that seems to be not commensurate with Xara's own update policy (see post #4 and http://www.xara.com/us/update-service).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    + .5

My feeling, and I have expressed this to Xara, is that the program has gotten old and new features are added as patches because every new feature has to work with the existing code, which as I just said is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I think Xara needs to look seriously at the feature requests, and then do some serious thinking about where to go from here.

Features have been added year after year that once added are forgotten. A good example is the Bitmap Tracer. When was the last time you saw any change there. Or the Bevel Tool, the 3D Extrude, the Mold Tool, etc. To be fair some tools have been improved but many have just been forgotten.

My hope is that Xara will do some serious analysis on this venerable application, and come up with a concept for what the ideal program for the next 10 years and then start from scratch and design a program that will lead the pack as they have done in the past. This will take time and is not something that can be done overnight. But it is a place to start.

The subscription method is something that is being done in the industry, not just Xara Magix so we can't blame Xara Magix for that. What I would like to see is two powerhouse programs that work together but are separate applications, Designer X and Web Designer.
    Very well put. You must be a mind reader - these are my thoughts exactly.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    + .5

Hit the nail right on the head.

The vector tool is being compromised for the sake of feature rich, which is not a good goal. I recently purchased the Affinity pairing as they do work together and provide a solid alternative while maintaining clear functional specifications. Xara Designer Pro was a brilliant application but this thing they have turned it into is bloated with features I never use and some that I would use if they weren't so terrible to access.
    IP