Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default At least give us a kiss(goodbye)

Before I and likely many others whom are very dissapointed with the new upgrade prices,leaving this once great vector program,
    I'd really like to hear some comments by Xara ltd.
    What their reasons are for the increase in those prices and the way they go about it.
    Furthermore I like to have all other members here at TG to give a plus one (+1) if they agree.
    By this I mean also the members(moderators) who refrain themselves for commenting on these matters.
    I think it's time to speak up.

Hans
    Last edited by haakoo; 06 July 2017 at 07:05 AM.
    IP

Default Re: At least give us a kiss(goodbye)

+1 from me, Hans. I have commented long and loud here over the past year or so on this crass scheme of Magix/Xara. "Keep the Customer Satisfied" - my bottom!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks Bob
    IP

+1

In another thread I already addressed this issue but here it is again in the hope that it is read by Xara. By the way, should this thread not be moved to the "Dear Xara" forum? Please, let's try to be civil about this and not have this thread become a shouting match.

Soon my copy of XDP X365 will be up for renewal as well and I also would like to know if the service charge is indeed 129 euros (when renewing before the date of expiration) or 159 thereafter.

On the Xara's Update page the following is mentioned:
    HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO RENEW?

You can expect the cost to be similar to the former cost of upgrading. Note, this isn't a subscription, there won't be an automatic recharge, you will make a choice as usual about whether to upgrade your copy and extend the Update Service for another 365 days.

The former cost of upgrading has been 89 euros for years. So, could you please inform us?
    IP

Thanks Boy

Yes civil it should be and a +1 is enough to make the point

Hans
    IP

+1

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

+1
    IP

+1
    I paid 119€ to renew but probably won't do it again.
    But the problem that is more important to me is that I didn't get a new key, and as far a I know I will not be able to install two different 365 versions on one machine.
    IP

+1
    Agonizing over whether to subscribe/upgrade or not, but can't see a compelling reason to do so. Main 'improvement' for me over the past year was breaking cutting and pasting text into Xara Pro from word processors (caused me all sorts of problems!). I've found a workaround, and like Xara Pro, but the renewal price is too high. I'm still not sure what to do, but prefer the old upgrade model to this one.
    IP

+1

I have been using Xara products since 2003, however, my subscription is due in a few days and I will not be renewing.

It has been saddening to watch my preferred vector app, I am a web designer primarily and Xara was brilliant for managing my design wireframes and layouts, be easily surpassed by industry standard and relatively new apps due to changes, or, lack of UX awareness which has resulted in an increasingly frustrating experience.

Very sad
    IP