Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Editing Sliders

Default Re: Editing Sliders

Fair point Acorn. As there was a lot of text Xara choose to export as png. I've forced the images to jpg. The delay is set to six seconds. Seems to load far better now

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ok, so if I have understood this correctly. I can make the panels up as a jpg image and then import it into the slider? Must admit I did not try directly into nivo slider just the basic widget. so will it that a go.
    Though whilst creating a jpg is not a problem, it does mean that I have to go to Photoshop and make the image, and then import into Xara, and then is there is a spelling error or I want to change something, I have to go back to photoshop and start all over again. Whereas if I were webplus I can do all that within the programme. Set up a text box and edit and then place the image next to it.
    I have asked the tech team at xara if I could resize and move the text and images to how I want them placed and their reply was can't be done. I can't be the only person who has wanted to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by ldofout View Post
    Ok, so if I have understood this correctly. I can make the panels up as a jpg image and then import it into the slider? Must admit I did not try directly into nivo slider just the basic widget. so will it that a go.
    Though whilst creating a jpg is not a problem, it does mean that I have to go to Photoshop and make the image, and then import into Xara, and then is there is a spelling error or I want to change something, I have to go back to photoshop and start all over again. Whereas if I were webplus I can do all that within the programme. Set up a text box and edit and then place the image next to it.
    I have asked the tech team at xara if I could resize and move the text and images to how I want them placed and their reply was can't be done. I can't be the only person who has wanted to do this?
    Oyu are missing what Xara can do.

You can caption over and image and then select both and create bitmap copy - no need to go to another program.

You could tweak the Nivo Slider around it caption, but this would still be a single line.
    Try https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...S-placeholders.

You could build a Presentation site with the exact detail you have in www.mcpf.co.uk with all of the current features and embed this in the main site.
    This does need a little dusting of JavaScript to autocycle. I offered this up quite a time back.

Build your own: https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/w3css_slideshow.asp.
    To manipulate just about anything, you could try this approach: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...l-using-jQuery.
    This doesn't slide, it fades.

I bought WOWSlider and CSSlider to unlock just about any combination you can think of.
    If you are developing for a Customer then buying utilities is a fair option that can be flexed into you offer price.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Following on from Acorns point re not requiring Illustrator, it can all be done in Xara:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host