Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Learn how to make my own photo widget

Is there a way that I could learn to make my own widget? Photo gallery type.

Thanks,
    Sue

Default Re: Learn how to make my own photo widget

Sue, wouldn't it be a contradiction to therefore get help?

Galleries imply static presentation. If this is what you are after then any image with a Pop-up setting would be the basis of your ask.
    More fancy than that could be use mouse over effects and separate Layers.

There must be lots of Xara movies on this already.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn. Didn't think it would hurt to ask, especially since many of you know how to do them. I like many of them but am a creative person, and if taught, am a quick learner. If someone could point me in the direction of movies that show me how to make them, that would be awesome. Just encountered some that don't quite work the way I'd like them to.

Sue

Hi Sue, difficult to follow due to my crap tutorial skills but worth the effort trying to understand the concept.

Watch full screen
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, I put it to sue that she might be after static Galleries and not Sliders.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, Egg, I don't know why you sell yourself short. This was another amazing tutorial! I loved learning what you showed! And even though it wasn't what I was needing to learn at the moment, I will soon!

And Acorn is correct, I'd like to learn how to do the photo gallery. Want to give that a go??

Thanks thanks thanks!
    Sue

Probably me but what's the difference between a photo gallery & a photo slideshow .... ?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Sue, difficult to follow due to my crap tutorial skills but worth the effort trying to understand the concept.

Watch full screen
    Awesome Egg - many thanks!
    Could you please post the files and the code?

Here you go LGF.

LINK
    Egg