Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Position an Imported file and pasted items on page.

Thanks Acorn and Egg, the files you need are on my Desktop which I do not want to access this time of the morning. I'm out most of the day so will be later this evening, can I assume the Word file and a link to the WEB site page is OK. If you need a page from my WEB Designer I will need some guidance on how to do that please.

Hi The link to the WEB page http://rutlandcountyseniors.com/events.htm

Help When I try to attach my Word file it says it is an "invalid file" any ideas please.

If I cannot send by this forum can, if I'm allowed, send the Word document by direct email.

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Hi The link to the WEB page http://rutlandcountyseniors.com/events.htm

Help When I try to attach my Word file it says it is an "invalid file" any ideas please.
    Zip it as TG accepts zips.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I hope this is OK Cheersw
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Tel, I found that changing the page in Word to landscape and resizing the columns in the table and re-saving it imported okay into Xara. After import to Xara you just need to add 99% white rectangles over the 'Click for Entry' cells and give them a link. See attached xar.

The Word Doc can be downloaded here:

HERE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg Just got home. Many thanks for that not quite sure about the 99% rectangles but will experiment tomorrow. Many thanks, appreciated.

Egg Tried what you said and it imported well. However not with the 99% white rectangles, not only do I not know how to do it but cannot see the reason for it.
    I highlight the text "click on" and it links OK, and leaves the text highlighted in blue as normal. Am I missing something? By the way "tomorrow" came early. Cheers

No, the imported word table had no links, so I just made them with almost transparent rectangles above the cells in Xara Tel. Linked to Xara.co.uk. But if the links work direct for you in the imported Word file, then all's sweet

On a totally different note, where & what is that statue you use as an avatar? Looks South African.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I took that photo in Holland in a town called Kampton which is famous as a fishing port. A lovely historic town, the statue depicts a typical old fishing family, I think she had plenty of food, not just fish either. Cheers