Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question specific number of equi-spaced nodes on a line or curve?

Without using a grid or rulers is there a way to add a specific number of equi-spaced nodes on a line or curve?
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Default Re: specific number of equi-spaced nodes on a line or curve?

Not as far as I'm aware of Sadicus. You'll just need to add them by hand with the shape tool.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Depends how desperate you are.

Draw your line, apply a suitable Dash pattern and change the line Width to suit.
    Lock the line.
    With the Shape tool, Curve and Smooth, click on the end of each Dash.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

good one Acorn! yea I was looking for a clever way to use Xara, Cheers! I switch between 2D and 3D apps where working with curves is more precise as far as node creation goes.
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Hi Acorn, sounds like a good solution but I'm not following the 'Lock' bit (I rarely use it). If I lock it how can I ?:

With the Shape tool, Curve and Smooth, click on the end of each Dash.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Acorn, sounds like a good solution but I'm not following the 'Lock' bit (I rarely use it). If I lock it how can I ?:
    Egg, you are creating a new line on top of the locked one. Locking prevents you moving or altering the original.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Acorn, being thick here, I still don't follow you.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sorry Acorn, being thick here, I still don't follow you.
    Egg, if you have a locked object and you are using the shape tool, when you click anywhere, you start a line. So, in this case , click on the the left point of the locked line and then follow and click on the dashes ends. The end result is a line trace with equi-placed control points.

Acorn

Sorry Acorn, it must be me, I became a Great Grandfather last Thursday and my brain must becoming addled. Not following you.
    Egg

you are drawing a line with the shape tool egg, using the previously drawn dashed line [now locked] as a reference, in the same way as you would a grid - call it a 'guide line' if you like

it's still a manual operation but it's a solution...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...