Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Using Xara 3D Maker 7 With Web Designer Premium 365

Good Friday Evening All,
    Here is my question: Can some one give me the A, B, C, D's in bullet points how to place a animation produced using Xara 3D Maker 7 onto a Xara Web Designer Premium 365 web page? I would think these 2 programs would work well together, but I am having major problems. Here is what I've done:

1 Open Xara 3D and go to file > Open and select my Xara 3D project file.
    2. Go to file > export animation
    3. Click the drop down menu next to "Save as type" and select "Flash Bitmap (swf")
    4. Type the name of my file.
    5. Remember which foldr I saved the file to and where to find it.
    6. Open my copy of Xara Designer Premium 365
    7. Go to File>Import
    8. Select "Flash PlaceHolder (*.swf) from the list located near the bottom.
    9. Navigate to the folder that I exported animation file and click on it.
    10. Go to File > Preview Page to see how the page will look once it's been published. I should see the animation, but I don't. Do I need to draw a "place holder" on the page where I want the animation to go?
    What am I doing wrong please? Thank you all who respond.

musicman

Default Re: Using Xara 3D Maker 7 With Web Designer Premium 365

Try this and let us know if it works.

Draw a rectangle the same size as your animation.

In Website Properties > Placeholder > Replace with Flash. browse and select your Flash file.

You would think that Xara 3D and Web Designer would work together. But...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replace with flash.png 
Views:	359 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	118189  

Following on from Gary's suggestion:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

A bit more:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Saturday Morning GW Preister and Egg Bramhill, I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate your very quick response. I wanted to get back to you before I have breakfast. I will devote myself to your instructions and see if I've got it. I will be back in touch soon. I'm feeling very upbeat now with your help. Thanks you so much.

musicmanRobert

Good Saturday Evening Egg Bramhill and GWPRIESTER I sure do thank you and wanted to get back to let you know what's going on. Actually, I finally did get a copy of my Xara 3D Maker 7's file. However, it turned out to show up as a double. In other words, there appeared to be one on top of the other. The main thing is, because of you, I am on the right track. Also changing the width to 457 and height to 225 appears to make a difference, although I don't understand why. I am now going to keep working with your instructions and am happy to do so.

Robert

If there appears to be a double, select the double and delete it. If both copies disappear then we need to delve deeper.

Hi Robert

Also changing the width to 457 and height to 225 appears to make a difference, although I don't understand why
    No, they're not magic numbers. When you export from X3D and choose crop, the export window gives you the dimensions of the cropped animation. Note these & set the placeholder size to match
    Egg

Thumbs up Re: Using Xara 3D Maker 7 With Web Designer Premium 365

Hello all and thank you for sticking with me on this. Now, what I notice is that the first letter at the beginning and the last 2 letters at the end of the sentence are chopped off for some reason. However, now at least from your great guidance I am able to import properly. I am now hard at work on this problem.

Robert

Ensure the font size is set to 'Fit to Width'. This should crop correctly then.
    Egg