Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adobe Lightroom alternative

Hi friends,
    I like to edit photos with Adobe Lightroom for a pro photo retoucher, as I am, it's simply in use.
    Now it's a wedding season in a Wedding-retouching company, so I would like to expand my editing skills by using the alternative for Adobe Lightroom.
    Which one is the best for Photo editing?

Thanks

Default Re: Adobe Lightroom alternative

so... you're a pro photo re-toucher and you already use lightroom ... and you don't know where amongst your community to get this information... over to you Gary.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

so I would like to expand my editing skills by using the alternative for Adobe Lightroom.
    Adobe Photoshop.
    https://www.adobe.com/products/photo...170630190719:s

Quote Originally Posted by Donna15 View Post
    Hi friends,
    I like to edit photos with Adobe Lightroom for a pro photo retoucher, as I am, it's simply in use.
    Now it's a wedding season in a Wedding-retouching company, so I would like to expand my editing skills by using the alternative for Adobe Lightroom.
    Which one is the best for Photo editing?

Thanks
    Donna,
    I don't have this program (yet) but I intend to. It is amazing to say the least. It is not available for PC yet but it will be this fall (I believe). Looks like it's better than Lightroom, which I have. And I feel Xara Designer Pro has better photo editing skills than Lightroom (my opinion here). I edited my parents 50th wedding anniversary portrait with XDP and enlarged it to 24in x 36in. It's nothing short of fantastic!

https://macphun.com/luminar-special and Xara too: http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/

Mark

I’ve not used Lightroom for some years now, but for me the main reason for using it was not so much for photo editing as photo management and workflow. For example sorting, selecting/culling, cataloguing, viewing, backing up etc.

As per the link in post #5 there are plenty of good alternative photo editors that are also photoshop plugin compatible, but not all are a full Lightroom replacements.

I don’t use it yet but the offering from On1 looks very promising. I’ve used their special effects application in the past and was very impressed. Their current program On1 Photo RAW 2019, also has a migration path from Lightroom and has a trial version to give it a test run.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022