Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Want to find the best way to present photos/Nav Bars on website?

Hello all and thank you so much for any help you can provide. I am using Xara Web Designer Premium 365. I am building a website for a lady at my church who is working on being an actress. I am not charging anything, but still want to present her and her photos (about 8) in the best way. Plus, I am enthusiastic wanting to learn this massive web building program. So far I have the following webpages built; Home, About Us, Gallery (for photos), News and Contact page. Can you please advise me on the best way to present the photos of this lady. Also, I want to change the Nav Bar on this website. Right now the photo presentation is the most urgent. I will look at changing the Nav Bar later. However, I notice when I go to File > Contents Catalog > Nav Bars and click on one that I like, it does not automatically replace the Nav Bar already on the WebSite I am using. Why?

By the way, this website also offers "Mobile Pages" which is great. It looks like I should be able to move some graphics, etc, from the main website pages and drag them over to the mobile pages after reducing their size. I am more than pleased to be here and hope I am posting this in the right place. If not, please forgive me all. I do hope I am clear here in what my needs are. In the past I have used Serif's, WebPlus X7 which is no longer in the website building business. I want to learn how to use Web Design Premium 365 which appears to be even better. Thank you again all.

Man who loves Music
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 29 June 2017 at 09:05 PM.

Default Re: Want to find the best way to present photos/Nav Bars on website?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I think we also have a member MusicManBob.

So, if I understand you are working with a predesigned site and modifying it was necessary. Correct?

Open the Online Content Catalog, go to Print & Web Components > Navigation Bars

Find a bar you want to use, hover over it until you see a button appear Import and click this button.Double click on the Nav Bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties menu.

Check Site Navigation Bar.

Modify the button names and order as necessary. Opt to Adjust Button Width to Labels or not. Then click OK.

Dear gwpriester, thank you so much. I appreciate the quick response. It has been a long story with Xara. I decided to get a new email address to match my new business venture. When I attempted to purchase new Xara programs, I kept being rejected because I was not using my old email address and password. Finally, I gave up til recently. I wanted to purchase Xara Web Design Premium 365. I actually had to register as a new client which I did. Can you tell me if, with the new "Update" program, I will have whatever new updates comes along they will all be located on my new computer or will I just have the basic web design program? Thank you so much

A music lover
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 29 June 2017 at 10:39 PM.

Welcome Robert.

There are various slideshow widgets in the Design Gallery that you could use for your gallery. I prefer the new smart photo grids, they are great for adding and moving images of all shapes and are pleasing on the eye.

Whilst it's not automatically added you can link the smart photo's to image pop-ups of a larger size, add titles and display as a slideshow. See attached xar/web file & preview.

Note of caution though, there's a bug using this across variants.

Navbars are independent of each other. If you drag in a new one it doesn't adopt the actions of a previously installed one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Thursday Evening Egg Bramhill and thank you so much for the response. I will take a good look. Again, I want to thank you.

musicman

Hello again Egg Bramhill, Thank you for the attached file, but I had a problem pulling it up. Here is what the
    "Error Message said", C:\isers\Admin\Downloads\musicmanrobert.xar then the message: The application has failed to start because its Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxs trace.exe tool for more detail.
    I must admit I have no idea what this all means. I am not ashamed to say I lack the knowledge to understand this error message. I still thank you for taking the time to provide this information. I will get back to it because I did get a glance at some of the sliders you mentioned and believe they would do what I need once I understand how to import them to my website, then get the photos imported. I am impressed Egg Bramhill.

musicman

Whoooa!

"Error Message said", C:\isers\Admin\Downloads\musicmanrobert.xar then the message: The application has failed to start because its Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxs trace.exe tool for more detail.
    I've no idea what that means either. Never seen it before. Perhaps it's best to wait to see if someone else can download the xar file and confirm they receive the same error message or can open the file.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just downloaded and opened the file in WDP365 without any error messages.
    However, I see that the problem I wrote about here - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...o-grid-problem - still exists....

Well the developers have it logged. That doesn't necessarily mean they can fix it straight away, it may take a long time.
    Egg

Good Sunday Evening "Let's Go Fishing & Egg Bramhill",
    It's so wonderful to have you all around who take the time to research and then respond to those of us who don't know the way yet. I am more than pleased to have your more than able assistance. This statement is from my heart. Thank you much.

robert