Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting favicon image WD365 Premium

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with inserting a favicon image in a website I am trying to create. When I insert (either via the menu or drag/drop), I get half an image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	118167

Resizing only makes the half image larger. There is obviously something I am doing wrong - any ideas? Thanks!

Paul

Default Re: Inserting favicon image WD365 Premium

Can you drag the top center control handle (the blue circle on top middle) upward?

From the bottom half it looks pretty complex for something that will be 16 x 16 pixels.

Since it looks like circles you might be able to recreate this just using vector shapes. Then group the shapes and Add the Name (yellow name tag icon) favicon.

I create two 16 pixel favicons, one based on your half image and the other stylized to give a more solid appearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for the post. The top center control handle only makes the half circle larger. This is the full image:

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 98
Size:  12.8 KB

I'll try using the vector shapes.

OK. Not sure why that is happening. Anyway, as I noted, make everything much heavier so when it drops down to 16 pixels wide it will still be identifiable.

Do File > Save As... Name the page and then upload it here. (when you go to upload, click Go Advanced and Scroll down to Manage Attachments. Open that window and browse to the file.)

Does the same happen if you import or paste the image below onto a page & resize it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

There's something very odd going on with image resizing at present. If it's not a bug & it's intentional I totally fail to understand the reasoning behind it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Does the same happen if you import or paste the image below onto a page & resize it?
    When I insert this image, it appears as it should. I haven't had any other issues with any other images. Just seems to be the favicon image.

Just seems to be the favicon image.
    Favicon images originally where .ico images. However these days you can have a Favicon as a png or jpg.

What is the file extension of the image you're using?

.ico, .png, .jpg etc ?
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Favicon images originally where .ico images. However these days you can have a Favicon as a png or jpg.

What is the file extension of the image you're using?

.ico, .png, .jpg etc ?

It's an .ico file.