Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Website

Default Mobile Website

After uploading the website from Xara premium the mobile site doesn't work. My android say's The requested URL /mobile/index.html was not found on this server. Additionally, a 04 Not Found error was encountered.
    What do I do?

rainman1960

Default Re: Mobile Website

Hi Rainman, Xara doesn't create a separate mobile version. The code is all held in your root folder, the one that contains your index.htm file , so there is no sub-folder "mobile".

So just use the same url for all devices:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Xara has been creating a separate file in Host monster index_htm_files and I still get a requested url / mobile/index.html was not found along with a 404 error on my android

also I am not adding or subtracting files. I just upload and it does the rest.

Xara has been creating a separate file in Host monster index_htm_files
    Yes, when you publish your site to the server, Xara creates a sub-folder called "index_htm_files". This folder contains all your data files, css, js, image files etc. The root files index.htm call on this file to load that data.

I still get a requested url / mobile/index.html was not found along with a 404 error on my android
    That's because Xara doesn't create such a file on publishing, it doesn't exist.

As I stated earlier, Xara just creates the "index.htm" file and within that html code it displays either a desktop version, a tablet version or a mobile version dependent on the visitors hardware.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes, when you publish your site to the server, Xara creates a sub-folder called "index_htm_files". This folder contains all your data files, css, js, image files etc. The root files index.htm call on this file to load that data.

That's because Xara doesn't create such a file on publishing, it doesn't exist.

As I stated earlier, Xara just creates the "index.htm" file and within that html code it displays either a desktop version, a tablet version or a mobile version dependent on the visitors hardware.
    Any thoughts on why the error messages?

Could it be because ".htm" vs ".html" By default it publishes as .htm

The error message is because your looking for a folder (mobile) that doesn't exist.

What is your sites url?
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    The error message is because your looking for a folder (mobile) that doesn't exist.

What is your sites url?
    www.holyspiritonline.org

Your mobile site is there. Look at it on a computer & resize the width down. It changes from the desktop version to the mobile version. Although most mobile pages are mainly blank.

If I try your site on my mobile I get the 404 too. It's because you're redirecting it somehow to a non-existent file "mobile/index.html. Remove the redirect.

Egg