Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Web Designer Pro X - Embed Calendar

Hi guys,

I've searched for a solution to this but cannot find one. I have added a placeholder on a web page and added the html script from google calendars. Trouble is when I click on the placeholder, I get an error message. The content cannot be displayed in a frame. To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.What you can try Open this content in a new window " and when I click on the link the calendar shows in a new popup window.

Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance.

MrT

Sorry guys. Got another update. That message shows only in internet explorer. Calendar works fine in chrome and when opened in firefox can this message " Events from one or more calendars could not be shown here because you do not have the permission to view them"
    Obviously some sort of security settings but which ones????

Thanks

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Pro X - Embed Calendar

Welcome to TalkGraphics, Mr T.

Without a crystal ball, we really need the source calendar details.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics, Mr T.

Without a crystal ball, we really need the source calendar details.

Acorn
    Sorry, Here are the html details:-

<iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=allfinanzgroup495%40gmail.com&ctz=Austra lia/Brisbane" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Hi MrT. I believe this is happening due to the settings. Change them to "Make this calendar public".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	make-public.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	118043  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

"The content cannot be displayed in a frame. To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.What you can try Open this content in a new window" This is happening as it refers to the Logon to Google Calendars.

Now Google are blocking Frames for this as in such a page, there is the possibility of stealing your credentials.

Egg has probably nailed it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi MrT. I believe this is happening due to the settings. Change them to "Make this calendar public".
    Thanks Egg. That works, it's just that I really didn't want to make it available to the public only staff.

Mr T

Then place it in a password protected folder Mr T
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Then place it in a password protected folder Mr T
    Mate, I'm trying not to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean? I know what a password protected folder is and how to set it up, but how in the website?

Thanks

MrT

You're not sounding like an idiot Mr T. Basically you place the calendar page on a password protected folder on your web host site, such that only people that know the username & password can access, people without this (and web-bots) can't gain access.

There are several ways of doing this but a lot depends on your hosting company. Do they use cPanel?
    Egg

You're not sounding like an idiot Mr T. Basically you place the calendar page on a password protected folder on your web host site, such that only people that know the username & password can access, people without this (and web-bots) can't gain access.

There are several ways of doing this but a lot depends on your hosting company. Do they use cPanel?
    Thanks for the reply Egg. Yes they do use cPanel

Mr T