Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Expiration of Designer Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    With Kate's seemingly going to visit the concept of adding in the so-called Pro features from XDP to P&GD, I could care less what the state of XDP becomes.

Mike
    again I agree with Mike - let there be a 'flagship' for those who need both web and drawing - but whilst needing web without the drawing may be relatively rare, needing the drawing and not the web is common; and at risk of bashing the poor old defunct equine, it is pointless us paying for stuff we will not use... if I want a website built bespoke I'll pay someone.. maybe one of you guys... - I just don't have the time to do everything myself...
    Last edited by handrawn; 07 July 2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add qualifier
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Perspective. Went out for supper and show at the Jazz Festival last night. Took along a 35$ bottle of wine to a BYOB restaurant. Supper was 100+tip$.

The wine was good, but which lasts longer, the Xara upgrade? Or the bottle of wine?
    Actually a more relevant question is which leaves a better taste in the mouth.

Good point as I do much the same, having various computers in workshop, office, armoury and then a couple of tablets too....

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    So what happens if we all decide not to renew?

Maybe they'll realize they're screwing us over and make a change.

I know... Wishful thinking
    Oh, they know they are screwing us over alright, that is the whole point of this scam.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    With Kate's seemingly going to visit the concept of adding in the so-called Pro features from XDP to P&GD, I could care less what the state of XDP becomes.

Mike
    Charmingly put!

As a very long time user I do feel cheated and yes, I do think calling it a subscription based upgrade system' is a scam to screw more money out of it mainly because, as others have pointed, there is nothing tangible we are actually getting for our hard earned other than a blank and vague promise of upgrades, with no details of what those upgrades are...it's a bit like paying for your shopping in advance without knowing what and if anything will actually be delivered that you like...it is quite ridiculous, and apart from a 33% increase in the usual price.

Now, if they had called it an annual service package, that might have been different.....

I've upgraded, but over the next year if they don't change the system radically I'll be porting all my webs and needs to other software.

You won't persuade me to make our development schedule public I'm afraid, but since there are 2 releases coming very soon it would seem a bit odd not to mention them now. First there is a major update to Online Designer. We are spending quite a lot of development time on that at the moment (remote editing of Xara documents on any device including MACs, iPads and Android tables, and collaborative editing - you can hopefully see why those two things are important to us). There is also a mainly-content update to Designer Pro coming soon. I can hear you groaning already, but in our defense I would just mention that in the most recent surveys only 5% of Designer Pro 365 owners and 3% of Web Designer Premium 365 owners said they never used the Content Catalog content!
    So in other words you want to take our money and invest in third party nicknacks wich anyone with internet can find themselves?
    You validate this by pointing out that your sales makes you go in this direction?

Uhm,if you only market that thing to the people,they will think you do only that thing because they were looking for that thing in the first place and buy that thing,don't you think?

You conveniently didn't answer the real question why you upped the price and changed the conditions and not informing us about it.
    Because i didn't recieve a mail as customer.
    I can't find it on the xara.com site where it still says update prices will be as usual.
    I can't find it in your official newletter the xara outsider.
    I can't find it on the official xara page on facebook.

If you'll be so kind pointing where to find this and I will shutup about it.

Hans

O boy more contend for Designer Pro...

... And does anyone even use the Online Editor?

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    O boy more contend for Designer Pro...

... And does anyone even use the Online Editor?
    According to them a tiny minority don't use it...which being civil I would describe as boollocks....

Much like the fantastic [sic] webspace and free domain, this is not a useful tool for people they claim they are aiming at, as most, like me, will have space aplenty and domains aplenty. I'm still not sure where this 'massive' online editing and design need springs from, because I know few if any people interested in it. So I can edit content from a tablet.....and?

Smoke, mirrors and prevarication that is making people even more distrustful and annoyed.

So I can only right click and download the items in the Local Designs Gallery correct?
    There is a More/Plus button that opens the Online Content Catalog... Can I mass download those as well?

Got 3 days left before my ship sinks...

Quick question: Will stuff like Google Forms still work after my subscription expires?