ID:	118289

But when I enter my credentials it shows me this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uhmm3.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	118290

So logging in will cost a mere 40 pounds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uhmm2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	118287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uhmm3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	118288  

Default Re: Expiration of Designer Pro

So what happens if we all decide not to renew?

Maybe they'll realize they're screwing us over and make a change.

I know... Wishful thinking

Looked up my bills for designer pro upgrade pricing
    Since 2010 it has been 89 Euro and 5 euro for cd shipping costs.

I like to hear from Xara where the stupid price increase came from??
    For the difference in the upgrade price you can buy a new vector program that is already better.

Soon my copy of XDP X365 will be up for renewal as well and I also would like to know if the service charge is indeed 129 euros (when renewing before the date of expiration) or 159 thereafter.

On the Xara's Update page the following is mentioned:

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO RENEW?

You can expect the cost to be similar to the former cost of upgrading. Note, this isn't a subscription, there won't be an automatic recharge, you will make a choice as usual about whether to upgrade your copy and extend the Update Service for another 365 days.

The former cost of upgrading has indeed been 89 euros for years. So, could you please inform us?

well like I said above for me the renewal date was 4th july - up until and including that date the renewal offer, made via a prompt in the program that started about 8 days before renewal , was 99 GBP; from the 5th July it was/is 139 GBP

The upgrade from version 11 to version 12/365 cost me 75 GBP - so if I had renewed at 99 GBP, that would have been an increase of 32% - no-way would I call that 'similar', so what expectation I had has been sorely disappointed, if not actually misled.. exchange rates may have something to do with it say if the base price is in US.. but I'd consider that pretty lame from a company that is UK based with a parent in the EU

Opened a new thread to have Xara react on the frustrations https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-kiss(goodbye)

What you have to consider is, did you get £75.00 worth of improvements over the past 365? The answer must be a resounding raspberry.
    Daylight robbery seems to describe the scam pretty well. The company should be ashamed and give a full refund or at least an extension until the next payment falls due,
    of a 365 day minimum, with a guarantee of some real improvements to be implemented during that time. All this nonsense is completely unacceptable.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I didn't of course; maybe somebody did; maybe somebody should start a thread asking the question? - I can't be be ar**d any more - one more post and I'm out of the xara part of the forum.. see you around in the Graphics Gallery/Chat maybe..
    Last edited by handrawn; 06 July 2017 at 07:58 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

browj2 and csehz, thanks for raising the error 500 shop issue, big apologies for that - the shop devs are working to resolve it asap. You're right, the purchase actually goes thru Ok and the Update Service is extended, but that is far from obvious.

So far as the pricing goes, the cost of all Designer Pro upgrades was increased last September, 2016, after discussions with Magix. Before that the price had indeed been the same for many years, and therein lies the problem - since the cost of producing continuous updates to features and content, in multiple languages and more frequently than before, has not remained the same. So the price for renewing your Update Service after expiry is the same as upgrades to 365 since last September, although there is a discount for upgrades before expiry. You can see details for pre-expiry here http://www.xara.com/expiring/designer-pro/ and post-expiry here http://www.xara.com/expired/designer-pro/. Update Service renewals for Photo & Graphic Designer and Web Designer Premium currently remain the same cost as upgrades at the launch of 365 last year.

Several of you have mentioned the search feature in the Designs Gallery of v11. Yes that is one way of searching your Content if you don't renew, but just a heads up - the Designs Gallery search has not worked properly for quite a long time, certainly not in v11 (keywords in any relatively new content are not being picked up), we only finally resolved the issue by moving search into the OCC.

I'm really sorry to see that many of you are still not convinced by the Update Service model, and we continue to listen to and weigh up all the feedback both + and -. But do always bear in mind that you don't have to renew until you see enough updates to make it worthwhile for you personally. And of course your software does not disappear completely if you do not renew, as in the Adobe model!
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Have they figured out yet how to update the program / bug fixes even if we don't renew?

Read once that there was an issue in that department.