@ Tony, I can't see a flaw with that suggestion, as I recall way back in the very first thread on the Update Service I made a similar suggestion. Wait a year, and then buy the upgrade/ renewal if you want what’s new, and I think in all important respects you are back at the old model.

@ Acorn, we've considered a few different ways of delivering relevant bug fixes if you are installing on a new machine after expiry, via the update mechanism or otherwise, one way or another that should be working for everyone now. I noted Handrawn’s comment about everything in 12.6 working, and to be honest I was surprised - but if that’s the case then I think everyone will be happy

I think that answers any questions that I haven’t already answered, and we are surely repeating questions and answers from earlier in this thread, not to mention quite a few previous threads on the same subject. So yes please Barbara. If there are genuinely new questions let’s continue on Dear Xara - or of course many of you asking the questions have my email address!